Chapter 13

You walked down the street that you only remember in glimpse. John had parked the car the same place last time and he reassured you that he would be right outside the house at all times. He asked if he should go inside with you but you declined. You wanted to do this yourself. You had gone over everything with Tommy. Every little part of the plan that was relevant and what you should offer to Lady Isabella. You could do this. Just knowing that John was right outside was enough for you. He opened the door to you and helped you step out. Tommy had requested a beautiful dress to be made for you to the occasion. It was much more modern and extravagant. It was floor length even when you were in high heels which made it a little harder to walk in. It was a dark blue that would fit perfectly into the dark fall evening, if it wasn't for the gold thread that made a symmetric pattern on the entire upper part of the dress. It was very Art Deco.

John offered you his arm and you put your little handback on the other arm as you walked.

"Tommy has some wild ideas. Letting two women decipher our future." John said in a sarcastic tone and made a face.

"Are you scared?" You nudged him in the side with the arm that was resting on top of his. He sighed and caught your eyes for a moment before he smiled.

"No, not if Tommy trusts you to do this."

You arrived at the stairs leading up to the old Victorian house and John let go of your arm. He nodded to you, tilting his cap before leaving into the small front garden and disappeared into the shadows. Damn he was good. You knocked a few times and it didn't take long for the usual butler to open the door.

"Miss y/n. You are expected. Lady Finch has another visitor and it's dragging out. Please do came in and wait." He stepped aside and you walked into the front hall. Like an instinct you looked up and around in the hall, mesmerised at the place and the size. The golden chandeliers light reflecting beautifully on the marble floors.

"This way, miss." The old Butler said, nodded to you. You followed along and were enchanted with the sound of your heels on the floor echoing on the walls. All these things were new to you but the place was exactly the same as last time. You just had a sense of calm around you that you had never felt before. Instead of jumping at peoples touch and react negatively to every little sound, you were taking in all in as a wonderful experience of something new. You were really starting to overcome yourself.

"You can take a seat here if..." You had stopped on the hall that led to the same dining room you had visited before. But as the Butler gestured to the sofa to the side, the door to the dining room was thrown up in an aggressive manner and hit the wall behind it.

"Guards!" You hurt Lady Isabella yell and in the same second Mick King walked out of the shaking door. It was like the pure sight of him provoked a curtain action in you and you reached down you purse and pulled out your little gun and pointed it at his face before he even got to register that there were someone in the halls with him. He stopped in front of you and brought his hands up. You saw how his expression changed when he realized who he was standing in front of. The shock of the gun pointed at him changed to a smug smile.

"What a pleasant surprise miss y/n y/l/n. Where is your guard dog Mr Shelby?" He asked and dropped his hands down again.

"I can look out for myself." You said grimly and it was very amusing to see how his eyes widened in shock of you actually speaking. He recovered quickly and huffed.

"So I've heard." He said as the guards came running down from the other end of the hall. You kept pointing the gun at his head when they started to grab him. He tried to shake them off but the bigger of the two grabbed him by the neck and forced him down. Lady Isabella finally came out when the guards had their hold in the man and she looked to you, still with your gun out.