Complicated*

Amara's POV

When we got back to the prison Daryl went to tell Beth about Zack.

"Don't get into any trouble before I get back." He said kissing my cheek.

Walking in the commons I saw Ty and Glenn talking to dad about todays run.

I sat with Carl grabbing Judy from him.

"She's getting so big." I said.

"Amara?"

"Yea Carl?"

"Do you think dad will ever be okay?"

"What do you mean buddy?"

"From what happened with mom?
Sometimes I catch him talking to her,like he sees her."

"I guess it's just hard on him he has alot to worry about,and he loved your mom.

I couldn't imagine losing someone I love like that." Glancing up at Daryl as he walked in.

"Yeah I guess so."

"Hey don't worry ok? We'll keep him together." I kissed his head. "Why don't you go find Patrick read some comics. I'll put Judy into bed."

"Ok....love you."

"I love you to Carl."

Shortly after I took Judy and placed her in her playpen. She looked so peaceful.

I worry for the life she'll have in this world. She'll never know the goodness of what it was.

"Are you alright."Dad asked.

"Yeah I'm okay."

"I talked to Daryl and the others they told me what happened today."

"So you came to yell at me to?" I half chuckled.

"No, I'm told Daryl gave you a good lashing."

"He did, not that it helped. I'm not sorry for what I did."

"I know but he's right. You can't be reckless like that."

"It's not exactly reckless when your saving someone you care about."

"I suppose not,but Daryl is perfectly capable of handling himself."

"So am I. If your waiting for me to say I'm sorry I'm not. Daryl could have died."

"So could you Amara."

"I knew what I was doing. I'm grown daddy. It's time to let me make my own choices. Even if you think their foolish. Maybe I was impulsive today,but Daryl's alive and so am I. That's whats important. I would do the same for you Carl or Judy."

"I know. It's hard for me not to want to protect you,all three of you. If there was a plastic bubble option that's where I'd keep you."

I chuckled. "It's okay daddy Carl and I we're gona be fine and we'll help with Judy."

"I know tater tot." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "Get some rest daddy you look tired." I'll come check on Judy later."

I walked to my cell grabbing my things to take a shower.

"Your hard to keep an eye on. You never sit still."

I chuckled. "You don't have to keep an eye on me ya know. I'm a big girl."

He closed the gap between us putting his arms around my waist.

"My girl." He said kissing my neck.

"Mm, I'm gona go shower wana come?"

He grabbed my hand and walked out of the cell,dropping it when dad came towards us.