Chapter 9

"Wait, your dad hits you?" I could barely believe it, I'd never met any of his family before to know that his dad was a violent drunk.

The more I looked at him, the more he looked like a lost puppy, one that had been kicked one too many times. He didn't say anything he just fiddled with his fingers some more. I looked about the bedroom, desperately looking for something to talk about to change the subject.

"So how come you asked for my guitar?" I was actually genuinely confused as to why, it's not everyday you get asked to bring your guitar to someone's house.

"This is going to sound hella stalker but I listen to you sometimes in the music room when I'm waiting for my drum lesson. I always hear you play Ed Sheeran."

Oh holy balls. He was right though, I've barely played anything else since I learned 'I'm A Mess'. I laughed a little.

"Wow, I didn't think anyone could hear me." I laughed again, genuinely surprised. Normally I've got a good half hour to myself in the music room between lessons.

"Yeah when I first came here, i came round on my free periods and I heard this amazing music coming from a door, I wouldn't bother looking to see who it was. I would just listen. Just turns out it was you." he was fiddling with his fingers again, before looking up and smiling. But his eyes were filled with pain.

I was genuinely hurting for the kid, he's not got many friends, he's covered in bumps in bruises and he sits outside the music room while I play. It's really quite sad honestly. The kids lonely.

I leaned in grabbed Ashton's frail shoulders and wrapped my arms around him. His fragile frame melted into my arms and he let himself go. He sobbed into my shoulder as he clung on to my hoodie. We sat like this for an hour at least, his sobs dying down to an occasional sniff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLE UPDATE SUCKAAAAS
DOUBLE
DOS
DEAUX
TWO

READ ON FAM GO GO GO GO GOOOO