Chapter 14

"Sophie I can explain" Calum said, his voice full of guilt. He was clearly regretting what he had done. She kept walking, ignoring him. I followed behind Calum.

"Sophie hear me out, just listen to me!" He grabbed her arm and pulled her back to look her in the face.

"Calum leave it. You've made it pretty clear that you want nothing more to do with me. One argument Cal. We've have one argument and you go and get drunk with my best friend. What a way to find your boyfriend, latched onto the mouth of your best friend. Thanks Calum nice to know I can trust you." She said pulling her arm from Calum's grip and started walking away from him. Calum stopped walking and drew in a deep breath, like a sigh but he done the exact opposite.

I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make, we put the world away we get so disconnected

Sophie stopped walking and turned round to face him. Calum slowly walked towards her, still singing.

You are my getaway, you are my favourite place, we put the world away, yeah we're so disconnected.

He stopped singing and walked up to her and wiped the tears from her face.

"It was a mistake baby, you're the only one. I want you, all day every day. I've never loved anyone as much as I love you. I swear to Jesus I love you more than I love myself. You're such a loser sometimes, but you're my loser. I'm in love with you Sophie."

And with that he crashed his lips onto hers.

❃❃❃❃❃❃

I went back to my car and turned on the radio and waited for Calum to give him a ride home. Just then I realised everything I had done. I had just kissed my enemy. My best friends boyfriend. My ex. My heart was racing. I thought of Ashton. Oh god what have I done, I thought.

As if on cue my phone started ringing. It was Ashton. Oh Christ. I picked up the phone and tried not to think about the events that had taken place 5 minutes earlier. He was crying, whimpering.

"Ashton? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Cece, I need your help. My dads gone psycho. He- " Ashton hesitated and whimpered "He almost killed me."

I didn't elaborate. "Ashton listen to me, get your stuff, pack clothes to last you for about a week. Take whatever you need. I'll pick you up in 10 minutes."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"We're going on a roadtrip."

❃❃❃❃❃❃

I had already picked up Luke from Michaels, took Calum and Sophie to their houses to get clothes, picked up Michael while we were there and stopped at my house to get clothes for me and Luke. Now to pick up Ashton.

When we arrived at his house it seemed empty and I was starting to worry incase his dad had taken him somewhere. Just then I seen him climb out his window onto the roof and slide down the pipe. I got out of the car and ran up to him and hugged him.

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah I'm fine we can talk about it later, let's just go."

And with that, the 6 of us set off on the road trip of a lifetime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-authors note

things are back on track with Cophie and also Ashton's back in the story yaaaay. I'm reeeaaaaally excited to write about the road trip yeeaaaah

sorry this was so shitty, but I received such heartbreaking news today that one of my close friends had passed away, rest in peace angel x

once again thanks for reading it means so much

as always, stay weird