Chapter 12

My heart literally drops when I see him. A lump in my throat forms and I have no idea how to approach this. I swallow the lump and let out a quiet whisper, "Calum? What are you doing here?" I noticed he was crying. And smoking. The smoking wasn't a surprise to me, the crying was. A boy with a heart of stone like him would've never let someone like me see him cry.

"I need help C." That's the first time he's called me C since everything happened. More tears spill over his cheeks. As much as I had a grudge over him all I wanted to do was hug the kid. But I done the exact opposite. I stood still, speechless. "What happened?"

"I got into an argument. With Sophie. Everyone hates me C. I have no one. The only one I have is Sophie and I'm pretty sure she hates me too." He stubs out his cigarette on the ground and stood up.

"I came here to apologise to you for everything I done to you in the past. I'm really truly sorry and no words could ever express how sorry I am. You were my best friend and I swear I care about you, so much. I made the biggest mistake of my life that night. I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me I just want you to know that I'm sorry." More tears roll down his cheeks and he looks down at his hands letting out a near inaudible sob. I had no idea what to do. I wrapped my arms around him and let the tears roll down my cheeks. He wrapped his arms around me and we stood crying into each other. I waited 3 years to hear him apologise, or to even explain how he felt. And it felt 10 times better than what I had imagined it would. We stood like this for a few minutes, I've missed his hugs. I've not had one in 3 years and I forgot how good it was.

"I dunno what to do C" Calum says pulling away but still holding his arms around me like a half hug. "I've really fucked up with Soph. I love her. I really do C. I've never ever felt this way about anyone before. I've never ever had butterflies as much as I get them for Sophie. It's not just occasionally, it's every time I see her, every time I look into her eyes I fall in love all over again. I love her more than anything and I swear I'd protect her from anything. I get so protective of her and id do anything to stop her from getting her hurt. I've never ever even loved anyone, never mind as much as this. I'm in love with her Cece."

My heart broke for the boy, I know exactly how he felt. Except the feelings he felt for my best friend, I had for him 3 years before.

"Hey Cal, how about we go and get wasted? Forget about the stupid little things?"

"I'd want nothing more. To the vodka."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-authors note

okkkkk this is the fastest I've done two updates separately and I'm feeling hella proud

I couldn't have done this without the help and inspiration of my main hoe Cal_Freak, thanks alot queen, love u

no idea what else to write apart from thanks for reading and keep slaying

peace out suckers