Part 10 - A new life begins

The squad wake up from a small nap in the main dining room. They are no longer in plantation 13 but are in a snug little house they might as well call home from now on. The house is large, it looks old and rigid but the lights and water still operate. It is cut off from papa's view where they likely won't be found for some time.

While the rest begin to wake from there naps, Zero Two who has been awake all along stays by Hiro's side. He has yet to wake up and quite frankly, she doesn't want him to wake up, for now. Though he's sleeping, his body is tense and sweaty, most likely from the effects of the Klaxosaur blood that was put inside him.

Zero Two smiles, though she doesn't know what to feel. Yes, they indeed did escape from the grasp of Papa but Hiro is now suffering and it won't be long till Papa finds out their location.
She stares at Hiro's troubled body and places her hand on the side of his cheek, he slightly rotates his neck towards her hand and lets out a little groan signifying he subconsciously knows she's there.
She finally feels like after all they've been through together, that she has the real Hiro back. Of course there are still questions to be answered but once he wakes up, they should be clarified.

"He okay?" A voice asks.
It is Nana who just recently took some bloods from him.

"He seems stable" Zero Two replies
"He feels hot and he looks in pain"

Nana can't help but stare at Hiro.

"Zero Two, I have some news I need to share with you and everyone"

This startles Zero Two. The others seem to be moving around in the house as she can hear footsteps.

"I got the blood samples back from Hiro"
Nana's voice sounds broken as she explains, something is wrong. Zero Two is scared to know the truth.

"They're not good results, are they?" Zero Two knows.

Nana nods her head at a slow pace.

"Is there anything we can do for him?" She asks

Nana shakes her head.
"I'll explain this once everyone is awake"

It seems almost everyone is awake, voices in the next room vibrate through the walls. It's time to find out the matter of the situation.

"I'll see you soon darling"
Zero Two says as she gets up from the bed and walks towards the main room where she joins everyone else.