Part 22 - Loss

Zero Two stares at Hiro lying on the floor, blood seeping out of him at an uncontrollable rate. Zero Two's vision goes fuzzy and her adrenaline begins to rise.
Everyone else stares at Hiro's body on the floor, he isn't moving.

"Hiro!" Yells Ichigo. She tries to run towards him but Goro stops her.

The guards come marching in, one by one.

"D-aarr..." Zero Two reaches her arm out, still in shock. He isn't moving. She thought she'd be prepared to lose Hiro, instead, she became numb and raged.

The guards try to pull Zero Two down to her knees, along with everyone else.

"You...you killed my darling..." says Zero Two
"I'll kill you..."
"I'll kill you!"

She kicks one the guards in the face and breaks the others arm. Everyone stares at zero two in fear, they hadn't seen her like this in a while. Her eyes glow a bright red matching her horns.

"Oh come on Zero Two, he was a lost cause anyway" says Dr Franxx approaching behind her.

"You did this to him! I'll fucking kill you!" She charges at him, enraged.
Dr Franxx zaps her with an electric gun. She falls down to the ground in defeat.

"My two greatest creations are rebelling against me? It's best if you both just died"
he pushes his foot on Zero Two's throat, pushing harder and harder.
She can't move from the electric shock but her eyes begin to twitch and her body begins to shake. She loses consciousness.

"Please! Stop!" Yells Ichigo
"I'll do anything, just don't hurt them!"

Dr Franxx releases his foot from Zero Two's throat. He walks towards Hiro's body and checks his pulse. He nods.

"He's still alive you morons" says Dr Franxx
He holds Hiro by the shirt.

"You should've killed me when you had the chance" says Dr Franxx.

Hiro's eyes start to flutter showing signs that he is awake, but just barely.

"The fact that you're still alive is a miracle, such a vital spot, yet you're still here."

"I don't...go down that easily..." Hiro responds with a shakey tone.

"I'll tell you one thing, if you truely valued your life, you'd have a taste of someone here, suck them dry" says Dr Franxx.

"N-never" replies Hiro.

Dr Franxx throws Hiro back onto the ground.

"Pathetic"
"I'll at least give you the honour of dying with the rest of your friends"
"Suck one of your friends or you all die! Here! And right now!"

All the guards hold their guns up towards everyone. Everyone shivers with fear.
Is this how we all go?
Hiro goes to look at Zero Two, she's fallen unconscious. He has no choice but to make the decision.

"Alright!" He yells with his remaining energy.

He looks at his friends with menacing eyes. Eyes of defeat.
Dr Franxx smiles and lets out a laugh.

"I'll do it" says Goro shoving against the guard holding him.

Ichigo pushes him back.
"No, I will" Ichigo walks towards Hiro who is just barely hanging on.
"Let me do it"

Hiro looks at her in a shocking way, unable to say a word.
She holds out her arm.

"Whenever you're ready" Ichigo says.

Dr Franxx folds his arms smiling as everyone around him stares.

"Ichigo..." mumbles Hiro

Ichigo hugs him. He hugs her back.

"There's no time, we either do this now or everyone here dies" says Ichigo.

"It's going to be okay" she smiles at him.
Tears hide behind her smile. She really doesn't want to die. Not yet.

Hiro takes a deep breathe in, there isn't much time. He pushes Ichigo's arm towards his mouth, his sharp fangs sink into her skin. She groans in pain, Hiro is doing what he can to hold back. Tears flood his eyes as he continues to drain her.

Zero Two awakens seeing Hiro sucking Ichigo. It was too late. She didn't know if she should be overjoyed that he's alive or angry that she once again let Dr Franxx get what he wanted.

Dr Franxx laughes.

Tears spill from Hiro's and everyone's eyes.
Mitsuru covers Kokoro and Ai's eyes so they don't have to see.

"Hiro! That's enough!" Yells Goro. Hiro refuses, Goro's voice is like echos in the distance.

"Hiro!" Everyone shouts but he still cannot hear them, he continues to suck Ichigo's blood. Her eyes close. His face expression is menacing.
The hole in his chest is now closed up.

"Darling!" Yells Zero Two.
Hiro comes back to his senses and notices the state he has put Ichigo in. He looks at her arm which is covered in flesh and bone, he tore her apart.
There is blood smeared all over his mouth and he backs away gasping from the shock.
Ichigo falls unconscious to the ground, Hiro curls into a ball, covering his eyes and mumbling words.

The nines come from behind and they shoot all the guards. Dr Franxx is spared but locked away in a room in the house. Zero Two and Ichigo are sent to the infirmary and Hiro is locked in another room out of reach of anyone.

(Didn't think I'd have almost 25 chapters to this story, did this for a hobby and I really enjoy it. Hope you guys like the story.)

(If you want to ask any questions to ask me, I'll respond to all of them.)