4) The New Guy

Mr Oh finally came round to us, the new Dance teacher smiled at us.
"Meet Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon, an English teacher and a PE teacher." Mr Oh said.
Daniel eyes widened as he looked at us especially me.
"Nice to have you here." I spoke first and shook his hand, he firmly gripped it and smiled back.
I turned to Jeongyeon, waiting for her to greet him, but instead she made an excuse and left the room in a hurry.

"That's weird, is there something wrong with Miss Yoo?" Mr Oh asked.
"Not that I think of no." I replied, still looking for her.
"Well, I hope she's okay, come there's still more teachers." Mr Oh continued as Daniel took one last bow.
Jihyo nodded in my direction and carried on following them.

I kept wondering why Jeongyeon rushed off to, maybe it was urgent?
.
.
.
When the last school bell rang for today, I usually wait for Jihyo and Jeongyeon at the car that we all own and drive in turns.  Today was my turn, I sat at the front seat and waited for them.

"Hey." Jeongyeon opened the door and lazily sat down.
"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, why do you ask?"
"You just left without greeting the new staff." I turned around.
"Oh right... something came up that I forgot to do in the PE department." She faintly smiled.
"Ah I get it." I fixed my position as we waited for Jihyo, in the end she came a few minutes later saying that her students weren't complying with her.

When we got home, Jeongyeon went straight to our bedroom.
"Did you speak to her?" Jihyo asked as she put her bag down.
"I asked if she was okay, she said she was."
"Did you ask why she just left suddenly?"
I sighed, "She forgot to do something."
"Doesn't look like it to me. Go be her supportive girlfriend." She chuckled and pushed me.

"Why me? You could be her supportive best friend." I came back.
"Yet she loves you more. Plus she's in YOUR bedroom."
I saw her piercing eyes as if she was cursing at me, so I did what she told me. Be a supportive girlfriend.

I opened the door and there Jeongyeon laid on the bed. She looked up and sat upright.
"Talk to me, you're not okay are you?" I sat beside her.
"I'm fine, really." She turned away.
"You know it's okay to not be okay." I started to massage her shoulders, trying to loosen her up.
"I know... it's just stress. It's just getting to me." Jeongyeon let out a long sigh.

"I get it, but you'll pull through I know it. You're Yoo Jeongyeon, everyone was afraid of you in University. Yet you were acing your classes despite those who burden you." I smiled.
"Like you?" She faced me with a smirk.
"Hey!"
"What, every time I saw you, you cause me stress only because I was so worried that someone else would take you."

I blushed slightly, "But I would never be anyone else's but you."
She chuckled, "Too cheesy."
"Well I was trying to reassure you, I'm being helpful here!" I shouted, but then Jeongyeon pulled me into a hug.
"I know, I just like teasing you."
.
.
.
The bell rang already it was the end of my first lesson, it's good that I have no lessons next period.
As the students left the room, the new Dance teacher, Kang Daniel peered out of the corner.

"Hello, didn't know you would be here." I spoke and fixed my desk.
"Just came in to say hi." He came in and stood next to the interactive white board, he titled his head.
"Do you remember me?" He asked.
I shook my head, "No. Should I?"

He laughed, "We both wen to High School together, we used to be friends."
I still had no idea, "Really? Wow, I'm sorry thst I don't recognise you, I had a harsh accident which took almost my childhood memories, but I'm pleased to see an old friend." Maybe he was familiar, but I didn't remember.

"Ah right, your accident. That's probably why you don't remember." He smiled
In the corner of my eye I saw Jeongyeon who was standing in the doorway.
"Jeongyeon!" I shouted, "Remember Kang Daniel? Apparently we used be friends in High School, do you remember him?"

I smiled so cheerfully, but I couldn't help but to point out Jeongyeon's sharp stars at Daniel. I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea.

"Yeah, I kinda remember him." She said.
"You're a PE teacher, right? It's so nice to see you again." Daniel laughed and pulled Jeongyeon into a hug, he whispered something that I couldn't hear.

What was that?

He pulled away and said his farewell as he left.
"What did he say to you?" I asked Jeongyeon who sighed.
Then, she looked at me with a smile, "It was an unfunny joke."
"Huh. Thought you would laugh since you're so unfunny." I scoffed.
"Oh you're so funny!"