20) Years After...

2 year later and we're still together. A year before that, we got married. We pushed it back since it was convenient for everyone, especially the youngest in our group. Their lives were going well, each couple as well were happy. Their new jobs and careers took off, it was seeing the them grow up to be mature adults that made me smile.
Jihyo and Daniel moved into a house, they've been living with each other for about 6 months and soon their marriage will be talked about.

Now, as for us. We still worked at Apgujeong High School. We still had the house that originally belong to Jihyo, she passed it over to us. It was more comfortable with the two of us. The spare bedroom, which was Jihyo's room, we changed it into a baby room. Yes, we decided to adopt a baby, a baby girl to be exact. We were planning to name her 'Seoyeon'. Jeongyeon and I prepared so much to welcome her as her own, we even took parent class and I will say Jeongyeon makes a better mother than do.

Overall, we were both excited. But before that, we took a trip to the park. Jeongyeon took me to the same oak tree that we buried our things. We agreed to keep adding our new memories so that Seoyeon can know at some point of her life.
"Should we start digging?" Jeongyeon handed me a small shovel.
We started digging and as we hit the box, we sat on the floor. I opened it to see what we left inside. Jeongyeon's locket and our first photograph together.

"Happy one year Anniversary." Jeongyeon smiled.
"Happy one year Anniversary." I repeated.
We placed our photos over the years, High School, University and now, especially our marriage.
We even wrote a letter to each other, I didn't know what she wrote, she said it was a secret and I would only find out when time comes to an end.

She placed her letter gently and closed her eyes for me to do mine.
I remembered every bit of it.

To Yoo Jeongyeon, my wife and my best friend,

Thank you for always being there for me. Everyday you remind me of the past that I lost and it's incredible how close we were. I didn't realise how much I relied on you back then. But you opened up my eyes, you showed how much you cared.
You were resilient, yet you showed compassion and loyalty to your friends.
Sure you were a bully, but that's when I didn't get to know the real you. The friend that I lost, now you're the only person who I truly love.

You can call all of this cheesy, but I love my life, spending it with you will always be the light of my day.
So, thanks you once again. Maybe in the after life or our new lives we would meet again...

Signed, Im Nayeon... your bunny...

_
I have finished this book and I will say, and I will always say these in my books, that I will miss this.
I really hope that you've enjoyed this book and I appreciate all of you for supporting me. So thank you!

Wolflover 🐺❤️🐺❤️