Everything I wanted

{Image credit: IG- Midas.bae}

Y/n's Pov

I quickly ran to the nearest person, and it was Maya. "Hey! Please, I need a quick favor, can you take care of Timothy? I have to go to the ladies room, it's an emergency!" I pleaded.

"Woah! Of course! You do you." She smiled and took the bunny out of my hands. She went to go sit down at a nearby seat and started to give him attention. I felt a few stares but they just waved and continued to enjoy themselves. I glanced up and there was Midas leaning on the top floor railing. I quickly zoomed out of the agency and dived right into the water. Henchmen were alerted and I cursed myself. I started to swim as far to regain my emotions. I got out of the river and I dried myself off. Waterproof clothing was really smart. I sat down under a tree and admiring the night.

"I can't do this. I can't risk it. Im not special, just because Midas told me I was an important figure to him, doesn't mean it's entirely true. Im just a phase to these people. They'll soon carry on with their lives." I said to myself and I closed my eyes and leaned against the tree.

"History repeats itself. And I hate these emotions." I glared at my hands. "Being fucked up isn't special." I stood up, angrier this time. "IM NOT SPECIAL." I punched the tree infront of me. It literally broke in half. I freaked out and backed away. "Maybe I'm supernatural..." I told myself in disbelief. "They're going to come after me! They might already know-" no no no no no! On the run again. There is no place I can hide. I am just another mistake the world decided to make.

I couldn't make myself more depressed. I debated whether I should stay or leave. I want to be alone- or maybe that's why I'm like this?... Im always pushing people aside. I walked to the river ready to get in but the water instead decided to move away from me, creating a path. Im going to lose my shit.

"Oh- this isn't real." I told myself. "It's just my imagination." I sat where I stood.

"Do you need help?" Someone spoke up from behind me. I jumped and stood alert. It was... A henchman?

"What are you doing all the way out here?" I questioned.

He looked flustered by the way of his body language. "You seemed upset and left in a hurry, I couldn't help but to chase after you. I couldn't help myself, I wanted to asure myself that you were okay."

I wanted to cry on the spot. I barely knew all these people and they care so much about me. "You have a really good heart. Please take care of it." I told him.

He nodded, "Is your heart broken?"

I stood there silently, letting the tears silently flow. A sign of weakness. "It's just wacked up! Nothing to worry about." I tried to think of something theraputic to say. "Sometimes you need to cry to become stronger." Of course, i never follow my own advice. I laughed at my inner consciousness.

"Of course." He smiled. "Why don't we head back?"

"Only if you PROMISE to keep what you saw a secret." He looked hesitant.

"Alright. I promise, Ms. (Y/n)."

I could tell he was smiling under that mask. I held onto his arm as we chatted and he tried to lighten me up with jokes, which worked. We were laughing and having a good time.

Once we arrived at the agency, the party stopped and everyone was freaking out and yelling. Midas was the one freaking out the most. Such a child. Everyone grew silent once they saw me with the henchman. Their gazes landed on me, and I never let go of his arm.

A few moments of silence and everyone turned their eyes to Midas. He was the first to break the silence.

"Where were you?!! And why were you with a henchman?!" He seemed hurt that I was with a henchman.  "And why are your eyes red? Were you cryi-" I stopped him right there.