Chapter 5

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I woke up about 10 minutes ago so I wasn't in the mood to get up.

"You've been asleep for an hour. You okay? Did something happen with Iroh?" Sokka came in and sat on my bed.

His sweet voice told me he'd forgiven me for punching him. "I don't know if I can trust you. I mean, I barely know you!"

I rubbed my eyes trying to get the tears out. No one ever sees me cry.

"We can change that. How about I take you to dinner? It's 8:17 right now. I know a restaurant that opens at 9:00. It doesn't have to be a date, just a hang out."

"How do I know you're not gonna kill me?" I crossed my arms and smirked. I like this kid.

"Because I'm not the best at killing people. I can barely hunt in that south pole." He chuckled.

"Fine. We can hang, have you gone back to your dorm yet? I don't hear Suki. So why would you stay?"

He sighed. "I haven't left this place for a few hours. My sister practically hates you, so I don't want to hear it. Suki is out getting groceries. And, it's my business why I wanted to stay."

"Backing up to the first question I asked, Katara isn't your roommate though. She's Aang's. So why would you stay here if you can go to your dorm and just ignore her calls and texts?"

He chuckled slightly and adjusted himself on my bed. "You caught me. My roommate actually has a crush on me, I don't think she'd be happy I'm here. Yue is beautiful and all, but I have someone else in mind."

Why do I fell like this? My chest hurts, my mind is telling me to get him out. But I want him to stay. I hate feelings.

"I'm sorry, but you should get out. I need to change and it takes me longer than normal girls. Take your boomerang too, I almost cut my foot on it."

Not the truth, but it works.
"Sorry. So is that a yes to the date?" He sounded hopeful.

Say no. Say no.
"Hang, its a yes to the hang." He hugged me. "Yes! Thanks Toph!"

You should've said no. Toph Beifong.

°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

"So you're going on a date with the very guy you punched?" Aang tied my dress. "It's just a hang out. Just so we can get to know each other."

"Right." He brushed my hair. "Up or down?" "Down. Anyways, what's up with you and Katara? I can tell you like her."

"What? N-no!" I smirked. "You're lying." He sighed and laughed a bit. "Fine. Katara's really nice, and pretty, and smart, and strong. She's my dream girl."

Jeez I knew he liked her but not loved her. He added as headband and adjusted my hair a bit.

"You're done. Don't worry, I told Sokka to ask if you can go barefoot."

I hugged my older brother. I was up to his chest. "Thanks Twinkle Toes. Tomorrow we're going to be split. I can't believe we aren't in any classes together."

He pated my head, careful not to mess up his work. "I can't either. Go have fun on your date, hangout, and we'll talk tomorrow. I love you. All the air nomads do."

"I love you too." I let go of him and opened my door. He left out the window. "Hey, sorry it took me so long. Aang helped me so it was a little faster than usual."

"Aang did a good job. You look beautiful, and perfect for the restaurant we're going to." Suki stormed out of her room.

I didn't even hear her come back. "No way is my boyfriend cheating on me!" Sokka sighed.