Chapter 9

Her hair was strung out. Her clothes were from the healing water. But I still held on. She moved around a little as my sister worked on healing her feet. Her only sense of sight.

The room she was in caused her legs to burn. What would've happened if I hadn't gone in? She'd be dead!

I twirled my finger in a strand of her hair. She's beautiful. If only she could see it.

"Sokka? Do you want to change? I have clothes for you in the bathroom." I couldn't take my eyes off of Toph.

"In a minute..." Katara sighed and stood up. "She's not Suki. She's not Yue. Don't break her heart, and don't break your own." She walked away.

I stared at Toph's small figure. I know she's capable of protecting herself, but I want to keep her safe as much as I can.

A small smile played on her lips as she moved closer. If she knew I saw this side of her, I'd be dead.

I carefully sat up and her smile disappeared. "Sorry Toph, but I still have class." I stood up and she moved around a little.

I felt bad leaving her, but I can't stay. I only have one out of class pass left. "Going to class? Clothes are in the bathroom." Aang walked into the healing room.

"I know. Hey Aang..?" He looked tired. "She's gonna be fine." He looked up at me and smiled. "I know."

I went to the bathroom and changed. I heard Toph yell in pain. Damn it!

I rushed back into the healing room. "Sokka go to class! She's okay!" Toph was laying breathless. "I'm staying until she's healed."

"You can't." Katara told me to go to class but I don't want to. I sat down next to Aang. Toph's breathing picked up and her eyes shot open.

"Where am I? Is Aang okay? Where is he? Who's here?" She tried to stand up but Katara held her down. "You're in healing. Aang's fine. He's sitting in a chair. Sokka, Me, Aang, and you are the only ones here."

Toph looked mad. "How could I let myself get hurt. I'm Toph Beifong! The greatest earthbender ever! But now I can't even walk."

Aang walked over to her. "It's okay." He went to put his hand on her shoulder but she slapped it away. "I don't need help."

She tried to stand again but fell over. "Toph, your legs are completely burned. You shouldn't be standing." Katara waved me over and Aang got a wheelchair.

"Sokka's gonna take you to your dorm. I'll be over every night to work on you." I picked her up and set her in the wheelchair.

She held her head low. "Let's go." I pushed the wheelchair leaving wet drops.

She said nothing on the way to her dorm.

°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

Hi again! Did you like Sokka's point of view? I plan on doing a few more chapters like this.