Chapter 7

"Hey Toph! How was your first class?" Aang caught up to me in the hall. "Shitty. I know everything there is to know about earthbending! It's the first class and I've already had to correct the teacher twice."

Aang sighed. He knew I was ready to be on my own. That's why he needs me. "I know you're ready to beat someone up. If metalbending was a thing, you'd do it!"

Thanks for the reminder. I bended my metal clump down, hidden from his view.

"So, how's it going with Sokka?" I stopped in my tracks and made him trip with a small rock. "No."

I walked off to my next class knowing Aang is gonna ask me again later.

°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

"Toph? Are you paying attention?" I set my clump down. "Yeah, but I've asked for the paper in braille and I still haven't gotten it so what's the point?"

I held on tight to the metal as the teacher got closer. "If you're going to have an attitude, you can leave my class." I grabbed my bag.

"Alright, I'm better than everyone here anyways. Think fast!" I threw the metal at the teacher.

"Wh-" *bonk*. I picked it up and stepped over the teacher's unconscious body. "Meet me after class for a metal bending demonstration. If you think I can't do it, whatever. Just know I'm Toph Beifong, greatest earthbender ever!"

My classmates talked quietly as I left the classroom. "Idiot Masters. Why do we have to call them that?!" I slammed the class door and made my way down the hall.

I heard voices. I ducked into the nearest room. Thankfully empty. "Azula, I don't think dad wants you talking to me." I heard an exaggerated sigh. "But Zuzu! We're family! I'm sure dad will come around once you get that Aang kid. It'll be just like old times. Just you...and me."

The voices faded. "What do they want with Aang?" I took my shoes off and put them in my bag. I stomped my foot.

They're just around the corner. I stepped out of the room and followed them from a distance.

"-will just love it! She'd be really impressed if you came home with the Avatar." The male raised his voice. "Don't bring Mai into this! Plus, his earthbender freak sister is the one I need to impress. If I can get her to trust me, I can get to Aang."

No way is that happening. I took out my metal and threw it at the two. I covered their mouths and clamped their hands. "Stay calm, I won't hurt you." Their fire benders, I can tell from the girls heart rate, she's calm. All fire benders think they're the best.

"And before you think of it." I put metal on their ankles so they can't kick fire at me. I picked them up and carried them to another empty room. I'm pretty strong.

"Tell me what you want with Aang." I uncovered their mouths. "Oh? So you, his own sister, doesn't know about him? He's the Avatar of course! And our dad wants him to stay for dinner. That's all."

I hate her already. The room heated up. "No.." I tried to cover their mouths again so the male would stop breathing fire. "Stop!" My feet started to hurt. "No!" I lost all sense of sight.

"We did research on you Toph. And you're worth a lot of money to bring you back home." Damn it where are they?!

"I'm not scared of you." Metal clattered and I heard small zapping noises. "Lucky for us you brought us into a fire bender class room. They aren't flammable, but you are." I heard a door shut.

The room got hotter. And hotter. I began to feel sick. "Aang....Sokka...someone, help me..."

I'm done for.