Chapter 10

"We're here. Want me to stay until Suki gets back?" I stayed silent. "Toph, it's okay. Aang's fine." Sokka pushed my wheelchair into my dorm.

Nothing came out of my mouth. He pushed me to my room and carried me to my bed.

We sat in silence for a while, until I got bored. "Give me your boomerang." He hesitated but gave it to me anyways. "Trust me on this."

I started bending the metal. I wish I was showing the dimwads in first hour what I'm capable of.

"How long have you been able to metal bend?!" A small smile formed on my face. "A while. Don't tell Aang. He's keeping a secret from me so I'm keeping a secret from him."

I shaped the boomerang back and he took it. "What secret is he keeping?" I pulled my blanket over myself. "He's the Avatar. And he never told me. I don't think he knows I know."

I put my head on my pillow. "Aang's the avatar?" Sokka got up and walked over to my desk. "Yeah." He sat down and spun in my chair.

"What are you doing meathead?" I yawned. "I don't know I'm bored!" We laughed and talked until Suki came back.

°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

I heard a knock on my door and sat up. "Come in." Suki came in and hugged Sokka. "Oogie." Sokka laughed at my comment and pushed Suki away.

She huffed. "Anyways...we figured out who's trying to capture Aang and why. He's the Avatar and the fire lord wants him dead. I called up a few friends and hired protective services for him. Of course he wants Toph to meet them and decide if they're good or not. I myself am part of it."

I uncovered and Sokka picked me up. "I don't want to go in the wheelchair." Suki groaned. "I'll carry you if that's what you want." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yep." I smiled. "Wait. Since when have you two been dating?!" Sokka's heart sped up enough to where I could hear it. "We're not!" We said in unison.

"Tch. Whatever." Suki led us to the elevator.

°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

"Hey Toph! I see you're better!" An unfamiliar voice called my name. "Who are you?" I put a tough expression on my face. "I'm Yue. My friend Katara told me about you. This is the second time I've seen you being carried, by Sokka."

Sokka cleared his throat. "I'm right here." Yue sighed. "No drama. This is serious. Anyways Toph, I'm the moon spirit. I'm a part of Aang's protection plan."

A spirit? In the human world? "You're not a spirit...you're talking to me right now." We started walking again.

"I take on human form for the day, but I go back home every night. It's complicated but it works. I'm not the only person you'll meet today. Speaking of, we're here!" Sokka took me into a tent.

"These are the Kyoshi warriors. They were raised by the Kyoshi orphanage and trained for events like this."

"Toph Beifong. We're trained to protect your brother from any danger." A girl came over and kneeled down.

"Ryli, she can't see you." She stood up. "I know, but it's traditional. Sokka, you can set her down over there."

"Wanna sit?" I knew his arms were getting tired. "I guess." Suki was happy when me and Sokka lost touch.

She started walking and I used my trick. "Ugh!" She stood up and distracted herself off. She mumbled something and left the tent.

"Ignore her." Yue sat next to me as well waited for Aang and Katara. Sokka stood at my side like a body guard.