Chapter 2

"Welcome freshmen! I am Mr. Iroh. I will be your campus leader. Don't get that confused with the principle, Mr. Gyatso. His grandchildren are going to this school this year as fellow freshmen. Do not expect special treatment towards them. I will now hand over the mic to Mr. Gyatso."

Gyatso is a good man. I've never seen him, but Aang said that he has tattoos just like Aang's.

"Thank you Mr. Iroh. Iroh said they wouldn't get special treatment. And they wont. But if you would kindly make a path to the stage, I would like to introduce them to you. They are your classmates after all."

I heard a lot of commotion as Aang grabbed me and started walking.

I heard a guy whisper. "She's adorable.." Aang walked faster after that. I guess he heard it too. We reached the stage and I got permission to bend the steps so I dont trip.

"Aang, would you like to go first?" His grip loosened and he walked to the stand. Gyatso held me by my shoulders so I wouldn't fall off the stage.

"Uh..Hi. I'm Aang. There's not much to me, but I'm an airbender, and, uh...yeah.."

The crowd clapped and I heard his steps coming close to me. "Toph?"

Aang helped me to the stand and fixed the mic to my height. "Thanks."

I held my bag's strap tightly.

"Hello, my name is Toph. I wont get into how I'm Mr. Gyatso's grandchild, but I'm not an airbender. I'm a blind earthbender. Dont treat me differently. I'm independent."

Some kid yelled "Then why does your brother always hold you?!" Aang cursed under his breath and I hear a smack in the crowd.

"Because I trust him. I dont go anywhere without Twinkle Toes." Aang grabbed me by my waist. "That's enough Mole Rat!"

I giggled as he carried me away. The crowd laughed and Gyatso told us to go back to our seats.
°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

"Hey Toph!" Aang held me behind him. "She doesn't want to talk to anybody." I pushed myself in front of him. "Aang, it's fine. Hello. Who are you?"

I tried my best to direct my words to the person. "Hi, I'm Suki! I was just reading the list and it seems like you're my roommate. I'm a freshman too." Aang grabbed my arm.

"Nice to meet you Suki. Now me and Toph have somewhere to be." I slapped Aang in the face.

"Shut up and go find a girl to fawn over!" he grunted and I felt him walk away. "Remind me to never get on your bad side."

I grabbed her arm and felt her jump. "One, that's really easy to to. Two, take me to our room. Gyatso already moved my stuff there but forgot to tell me my roommate apparently."

She moved my hand from her arm and intertwined our fingers. "Right, I kinda forgot you're blind. Sorry..." I smiled. "It's okay."

She pulled me along to our room.

"There's stairs...stay here and let me see if I can find an elevator. People are on the stairs so don't bend them."

I huffed. "Fine. But be quick."
°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°•°●°

It's been a few minutes, I'm gonna try to find Suki.

Of course the first step I took I bumped into something. "Watch it!"

I fell to the floor and gripped my bag. "Sorry..it's hard to see with my shoes on." I heard a female voice whisper, but I didn't hear what.

"Oh, shit...I'm sorry I didn't know you were blind." my eyes were watering. I want Aang.

I felt him touch me. "Don't touch me..I'm fine" I pushed myself up and heard heavy footsteps.

"Toph! I'm so sorry for leaving you! I saw what happened, are you okay?" Suki grabbed my shoulder.

"I'm fine! Just...take me to the room." I grabbed her hand and she pulled me off.

Suki yelled to the guy I bumped into "Bye Sokka~!" Sokka...that's a cool name.