Chapter XVIII: Endgame

~Blaise POV~

It's been a week since we found out Ginny isn't pregnant. Life has been much more carefree for both of us. Hermione is being very distant not just from Draco but from all of us. All I see her do is work or write in her journal. It's getting weird at this point.

On Saturday afternoon, I'm sitting in the Slytherin common room with Theo, playing Gobstones, when Pansy walks into the room. She sees us and saunters over, watching the game for a moment.

"You know, we still haven't had that party." She says, looking over at me, pointedly. I hum in response.

Suddenly she gasps. Me and Theo and a couple of other people around the room look up at her. Seeing this, she bows her head a bit and then says more quietly to us, "Can I throw you and Ginny an engagement party?" She's never looked more excited for anything in her life so I grin and say yes. She's only spoken to Ginny a couple of times this year and it would be nice if they got to know each other better, especially now that Pansy is trying so hard to be nice to everyone.

"Leave it to me. Come to the Room of Requirement tonight around eight and invite anyone you want. Nobody too young though, I'm getting alcohol."

With that, she grins mischievously and practically skips out of the common room.

Theo gives me an amused look and I just smile and shrug in response.

Once we finish our game, me and Theo walk around Hogwarts inviting everyone we know to the party later. Then, I go back to the Astronomy Tower and find Hermione, writing as usual. I invite her to the party and to my surprise she seems quite keen.

I then ask where Ginny is and Hermione replies that she'll be done with Quidditch practice in about fifteen minutes.

Gryffindor is working really hard to beat Slytherin in the next match, yet I don't know why they're bothering, we've had to replace Draco but we couldn't find anyone as good as him.

I know that Quidditch is Ginny's passion though so I love to see her working hard and enjoying it. I really think she has a chance at playing professionally. That's been her dream since she was little and she talks about it a lot.

Me and Hermione go down to dinner and see that Draco is already there, sitting with Luna at the Ravenclaw table. They're deep in conversation it appears whilst Theo rests his head on Luna's shoulder, daydreaming.

We see Ginny sitting at the Gryffindor table with the rest of the Quidditch team and me and Hermione go to join them.

I take a seat opposite her and inform all of the team about the party tonight. I don't mention that it's a party for our engagement as I want that bit to be a surprise for Ginny.

Everyone is enthusiastic about going to the party and it seems that news has travelled fast as the whole Great Hall appears to be buzzing about it.

Potter and Weasley are sitting unusually close and I raise an eyebrow at them. Weasley notices this and asks if I have a problem. That's when I notice their interlocked hands. It takes me by surprise but I grin, replying "No, that's sweet. Hope it goes well for you guys."

Potter smiles at me and I ask if they're coming to the party, to which they answer eagerly that they are.
Ginny finishes eating and waits for me and Hermione before the three of us leave the table, telling everyone we hope to see them all at the party later.

On our way out of the Great Hall, we catch up to Theo, Luna and Draco. I ask Theo in a hushed voice if he's invited Draco to the party to which he replies "Naturally. The dude doesn't seem too excited but he agreed to go." I beam and then we all go to get ready.