Chapter 18

"Your friends told me about the hiking plan they made. They asked me and my friends to join," Siddharth told me, on our way to home.

"Yeah, do you...want to go?" I asked him. "Do you want me to go?" he asked me back. "Yeah, why not?" I said rather quickly making me regret it later. Why did I sound so desperate? He smiled and nodded.

"Why are you suddenly in a good mood?" I asked him. He shot me what-do-you-mean look. "No it's just that, you smile a lot today," I said and he smiled again. There he goes, trying to make me faint with his smile.

"You don't want me to?" he asked. Why is he turning everything to me? 

"No, it looks good. It's just that it's been days since I saw you smiling like this," I said and looked away. I looked outside the window and enjoyed the view. The busy city, the noisy vehicles and I still felt I am missing something. I had my best friends with me, and I have the man I like and the man who I possibly spend the rest of my life with. But still, I am missing something, someone.

It would've been perfect if Vikram bhai was not angry with me.

The rest of the journey went silently just like that.

*********

"Hurry up guys!!!! We are leaving in five minutes," Harish shouted and I struggled to pull the bag as it was heavy for me. Suddenly, two hands came up to my bag and carried it to the car. I just muttered a thanks to the owner of the hands.

"No problem," Siddharth said, too cheerful for my liking.

"Ananya, you come with Siddharth. We will all go in a car," Harish said. "I know what you are trying to do Harish!!!" I whispered to him in a voice audible to just the two of us. 

"Come on I am giving you both more chance to talk. Use it wisely!!!" he smirked at me and went to the car. I am not kidding, Harish is known for his cupid ways since my college days. He always wanted to set me up with someone because 'I am too depressed and closed off'.

His words, not mine.

In fact I was not depressed at all. I clearly was not too happy with my life. Obviously, everyone was their parents to love them and I didn't get that. I feel like that will be a lacking factor in my life. But, I was not depressed. Depression is not a thing to play with, so I don't want to tell everyone around me that I am depressed.

Sandhya, Kavya sat at the back seat with Harish driving in their Black SUV and Abhi in the passenger seat. Siddharth and I came in his red BMW with him driving, of course.

Siddharth had a big fat smile on his face and that makes me wonder why he is this happy about this trip. Because, I am not exactly comfortable with this travelling and all. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and I like spending time with Siddharth. If only there is no travelling, I would've been over the moon. But, its okay. I can bite the bullet just to spend quality time with them, I guess.

"Why are you so happy?" I blurted out. 

"What?" he asked me.

"You heard me," I said, not wanting to repeat my question.

"I don't know. Being away from all the office stuff with you guys makes me happy. I have always wanted to have road trip with my friends. But, Sandhya was away from us all this year. It was just me and Abhi. We thought it would be too boring with just the both of us. So, now going with all of you, it feels good. Its one thing down in my bucket lists," he said.

"If you have just said that, we could've rented a big car and went together in the same car. We are the only person in this car and this is going to be boring," I said.