Chapter II: Moonlit murder

(Levi's POV)

I sent my squad to their rooms, then I went into mine. It was simple room and not very big but what really bothered was the lousy cleaning job that Jean did. The floor still had some dust, he forgot to clean the top of the furniture and the bathroom was still filthy.

"Tch..."

Damn brat can't be bothered to do anything right, makes me wonder why's he here.

I pulled my cloth on my face and cleaned the room again. I mopped the floor, cleaned the windows and dusted the furniture at least 3 times. I then moved on to the bathroom, cleaning every speck of dirt I could find. There was absolutely no way that I will be living in a dump, I have standards.

When I finally finished the bathroom, I walked back out to the bedroom, closed the door and admired my work. When I was sure I couldn't find any filth, I took my grey nightshirt with the matching loose pants, walked back to the bathroom, and cleaned myself. When I was done, I quickly dried myself and put my pajamas on.

I walked out to the bedroom and sat behind the desk. I completed the Cadets' forms, officially declaring that they are now on my squad. I only stopped when the last one was filled and signed. I stretched a bit, turned off the candle and silently walked to the bed then slipped under the sheets. I fell asleep almost immediately.

time skip (about 3 hours later, still Levi's POV)

I was waking up a bit, my consciousness coming back a bit, I was about to fall back into deep sleep but I felt a presence nearby. I opened an eye a bit to see if my gut instinct was right, sure enough there was a silhouette above me, slender, caped, clearly female, it was hooded and I couldn't see her face. I saw a glint above her head, she was holding a blade.

Shit!

Just a couple moments before she stabbed the blade towards my head, I rolled to the other side of the bed, her knife stabbing my pillow. She took it out of the cushion, feathers flying everywhere. I straightened my posture and got into combat mode. My senses sharpened out of the sleepiness, my muscles were wide awake and my mind ready.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

"Not your problem right now." was all she said before lunging across the bed, knife in hand.

She's fast!

I quickly leaned backwards to the left, grabbed her knife arm and pushed the weapon away from my face, but she managed to swing her legs laterally kicking me hard in the chest. I fell on the ground with a loud thud, knocking down the bedside table. She was sitting on my stomach, about to stab my face again. I grabbed her arm and tried to remove the knife from her grip. But she was a lot stronger than she looked, I lunged upwards and bit her wrist hard, I knew I drew blood when I could taste the metal taste on my tongue. She yelped a bit and I took the knife out of her hand then threw her off me. She would have crashed against the desk, but she managed to push off the ground with her gloved hands and she landed softly on the table in a cat like position. I spat her blood out of my mouth then looked at her carefully.

She's flexible too. Is there something this girl can't do?

As much as I hated to admit it, we were evenly matched in every way. She was strong, fast on her feet, never made a single unnecessary move and didn't hesitate once.

"Whoever taught you, must have been very skilled." I said, trying to buy some time.

She saw right through me, because she didn't say anything. She just suddenly threw another dagger at the ceiling above me and before I could figure out what was happening, she had grabbed on to the hilt and was hanging above me. She let go, did a small roll in mid air and brought a leg down to my face. I managed to raise my arms to block her kick in time. But the impact was all it took to bring me to the cold wood floor, my arms still protecting my face from her right leg and her left knee now on my chest immobilizing my body. I tried to kick the back of her head but she swung her right leg off my face and pinned my legs down.

She slid her left leg off my chest and on my bicep and she held my left arm down with her right. She leaned down until her mouth was next to my ear.

"Time to die now, Captain Levi." she whispered.

My eyes widened in shock, how the hell did she know my name? But before I could think about it, her left hand grabbed my throat and she was pressing it hard. As I felt the air leave my lungs, I knew I was going to die but all I could think about was how I never got to see the world rid of those fucking Titan and I thought of all the people who gave up their lives so I can live, only for me to die like this.

But all of a sudden, her grip went slack. Her body went limp and her head fell on my chest, the hood still covering her head. I coughed and gagged several times then sat up slowly, rubbing my sore neck. I looked up and saw Eren Yeager, standing over me in his pajamas, an angry expression on his face and a deadly glare in his big turquoise eyes. He calmed down when he looked away from the girl and into my eyes.

"Captain Levi, sir! Are you alright?" he said sticking a hand out.

"Yes Eren. Thank you." I said taking his hand.

He helped me up, but I still didn't recover all my oxygen so hobbled a bit and had to lean on him for support. He helped me get back to the bed, forcing me to sit on the edge. He poured me a glass of water and gave it to me. I took it by the rim and sipped on the cool liquid. I put the glass down, then we both looked at the unconscious girl that was still on the ground.

"Who is she?" asked the Cadet.

"No idea."