fifteen

Class had begun. This left a very sleep deprived Jaemin holding his head up with only his arm. His vision would occasionally blur, but he had failed to mention that to both Jisung and Renjun who had asked if he had 'slept well'.

There was no such thing as sleep in Na Jaemin's world. Who's fault it was was no longer a question in his mind. He now was focused on how he should approach such a sensitive topic swiftly.

As the class drones on, possibly the best yet worst thing happened for the blonde.

"Partner projects!" It was a title that the young adult feared greatly, yet here he was, eyes locked with Jinsoo as their names had been called together.

Oh hell no!

This was obviously Jaemin's initial reaction to such information, but when he considered it further, as well as the warning look that Jeno sent him, he decided he could use the next week to his advantage with the help of the victim and Jisung.

The next thing the adult heard was a curt 'dismissed' from the lecturer before he was confronted.

"Na," Jinsoo started, hands either side of Jaemin's that lay on the desk lifelessly. "I know what you've done. You and that stupid Jisung. I will no longer hold any respect to you or that boy. Keep your nose away from my life, and I will consider showing mercy."

Unable to suppress the fear that rose at the ravenette's closeness, Jaemin held his breath, eyes fluttering shut with the dull throb emitting through his head.

"I'll consider it. But I might not settle on it," Jinsoo hissed, standing up to grip onto Jeno's hand.

A small whimper left the older boy, but the hard look on his face showed that he would not sit back and let whatever was bound to happen, happen easily.

"Jaemin," Jeno mumbled, heart pounding when the Jaemin looked him in the eye.

He tore his gaze away from the younger, unsure as to why that moment in time had just happened.

"Sweetheart,". Jinsoo pushes, sending a glare to the pair. Only they could see the angered gleam in his eye.

"Of course babe."

With the chill still sliding down his spine, Jaemin watched as the two retreating figures disappeared.

Finally getting his mind back to where it should be, Jaemin carefully left the room, noticing that he was the last one there.

He had another lecture in a little under an hour, but settled on sitting with Renjun, who had already finished his day of lectures.

Trailing to the food hall whilst looking quite sorry for himself, Jaemin bumped into a taller frame, stepping back hastily when noticing it was Donghyuck.

"What do you want?" The snide words alone made Jaemin grit his teeth to suppress his distaste for the older.

"That's a question I could be asking you. Or maybe you could ask Jinsoo for me," he hissed, leaning in closer to Donghyuck till his lips were by his ear. "'Cause I will find out what he has done. And you will go down with him."

He pushed passed the sandy-blonde adult, a small smirk playing on his lips when he met eyes with Renjun.

"Good to see you old friend," Jaemin happily addressed, the victorious feeling not yet leaving him as he glanced back cautiously.

"And what the hell was that?" Renjun lowly whispered, eyes trained on the disappearing figure of Donghyuck.

"I just shared a few words of advice to him. He will truly regret crossing Jisung and me in no time at all." Renjun could see the determination in the younger's eyes, but he wasn't sure that it was the healthy kind.

Before much more could be said, Jisung slammed his tray down once again, sitting beside Jaemin who offered him a welcoming smile.

Renjun, on the other hand, couldn't stop the envy that grew within.

This Jisung boy was suddenly all that Jaemin would talk about, and all the past struggles that Jaemin had were now being shared with someone other than his best friend.

Envy wasn't the best emotion to have, it was one of the seven deadly sins after all, but it was a feeling that Renjun couldn't deny, even if he tried.

"I have news!" The blonde mumbled lowly, eyes trailing to the table where Jisung once sat. "I was given a partner project."

"With Jeno?" Jisung pushed hopefully, missing the killer glare from opposite him.

"With Jinsoo."