thirty four

The party commenced. Jinsoo was dancing with every other girl and boy, having the time of his life as he celebrated his 21st  birthday with classmates and friends.

Renjun and Jisung stood in the corner, watching as Jaemin and Jeno casually conversed while the older's boyfriend was distracted, and most likely drunk.

The brunette held a glass of water while chatting happily to Jaemin. It was relaxing really, talking to someone who he had grown feelings for, and knowing that they liked him back. But a part of him was being swallowed by nervousness as he occasionally glanced at his boyfriend.

"Look, Jaem, I'll be back in a minute," he yelled over the pounding music and the drunken singing of college students enjoying a night. "There's something I have to do."

With that, he trailed away from his safe zone and towards a swaying Jinsoo. In his intoxicated state, the ravenette snaked his arm around Jeno's waist, pulling the younger in close to kiss him.

But what he didn't expect was to be dodged.

"What's wrong?" Creases appeared on his brown bone as he leaned down level with the shorter.

"You know, Soo, being with you wasn't all bad, just mostly. I do remember the good times, and I remember when you asked me out, but the admiration I used to feel for you has turned into an undeniable hatred," he explained, wincing when he felt Jinsoo's hand tighten around his waist in a painful way.

"You have nothing without me. You'll be homeless! You'll die!" The older exclaimed, though the party -which had hit its peak- almost drowned out the pained words.

"I have an idea of what I will do when I'm a free man from you." He let his gaze fall onto the awkward and confused figure of Jaemin. "I'll never forget when we first met, Jinsoo, but I'll keep trying until I can confidently say that you've done nothing to affect me." With that said, the younger wormed out of the tight grip and walked towards the one he actually wanted to be with, Na Jaemin.

With a glass of water in one hand, and the other outstretched, he held onto Jaemin's cheek, pulling the blonde in for what could only be described as a passionate kiss.

Still confused, and worried, Jaemin pulled away, touching his lips as the tingling sensation lingered.

"I'm all your's now. I've broken up with him," Jeno whispered in Jaemin's ear, releasing a soft chuckle when an unchangeable grin found its way to the younger's lips.

"You....and me?" He mumbled with a disbelieving glint still held in his eyes.

"You and me."

Now, since everything was cleared up, Jaemin leaned in, quickly meeting eyes with Jinsoo who wore a scowl and an unforgiving expression, before capturing the younger's lips in a loving kiss. "Do you took my advice," the blonde mumbled when he pulled away again.

"Project Nomin completed, partner," Renjun hummed, holding his fist up to receive a fist boom from Jisung as they both watched Jaemin and Jeno.

"It was an honour working with you."

Renjun watched his best friend with pride.

"That's my boy!" He yelled out, laughing with Jisung when the new couple held up their middle fingers while still kissing.

"We did it..."

"We did indeed."

Slightly shorter chapter today, but all with good reasoning. I'll be giving you the epilogue tonight!

We got Nomin going now that Jinsoo is out of the picture.

Just want to say quick thank you to everyone who has read this, but I'll give more shoutouts in the last chapter!

Aofa