Fourth of July Festival

Marla was in the shower and Donald was fixing his hair. It was the Fourth of July, and in a few hours they were going to their local Fourth of July Festival. Tiffany has been ever since she was a baby, and she looked forward to it every year. Her parents were almost as excited as she was! The festival had music, games, fireworks, and tons of delicious snacks,and the best part was everything was free. Marla and Donald looked forward to enjoying a funnel cake together while they watched the fireworks show every year.

Marla stepped out of the shower wrapped up in a towel. She had already picked out her outfit and had it laying on the bathroom vanity. She was going to be wearing a gray T-shirt with the flag on it, and blue jeans. After Donald helped her dress she fixed her hair then went to get Tiffany ready. Tiffany was going to wear a little red, white, and blue sundress. Once she was dressed, Marla fixed her hair in the bathroom. "You too look very gorgeous and festive today." "Thanks Daddy you look very festive today too!" Six year old Tiffany said. When all three of them were finished getting ready, they got in the car and left for the festival.

Soon as they got there, they spread out their blanket and got comfortable. They had about three hours until dark so they had plenty of time to do all the things they wanted. Donald took Tiffany to the kiddie park so she could get a clown to make her a balloon dog. Then they walked around for a little while to figure out what to do next. "Honey I think I might have seen a booth that gives away chocolate covered fruit when we first got here." "Do you want to try to find it, that sounds really good?" "Sure, I bet it will be delicious and healthy!" After eating their chocolate covered fruit, they decided to go back to their blanket for a little bit. Tiffany wanted to go bounce in the bouncy houses. So they went back to the kiddie park, while Tiffany was jumping, Donald and Marla went to pet a bunch of cute farm animals. Tiffany jumped off the bouncy house and ran to her parents. "Mommy, Mommy, can we go see the cute little kitties over there?" Tiffany said pointing. "Sure baby, but me and Daddy want to pet these animals for a little while first." "Ok Daddy can we get a baby cow?" "Tiffany honey, as cute as calves are I don't think one would like Trump Tower so much." "Oh ok!"

It started getting dark quickly and Donald decided now would be a good time to start standing in line to get funnel cakes. Apparently a bunch of other people had the same idea, the lion had at least a hundred people in it. "I don't have to have a funnel cake if you don't want to wait in this long line baby." Marla said hoping he would still stay in line. "Don't you worry about it, this beautiful lady deserves her funnel cake, I'll wait in line till morning if I have to." Marla's heart melted. She had no idea how she found this incredible man. "You would really do that for me? You really are the best husband a woman could ask for!" "I could never repay for being such a good wife baby." Marla and Tiffany went back to their blanket to wait for him. After almost thirty minutes he finally came back holding two funnel cakes. "Honey you didn't have to wait in that long line." "I know but I wanted to for you." "Yay funnel cake I've been waiting for one of these things for a year!" Tiffany said taking a bite. After they finish their funnel cakes they saw the first firework take off.

"Mommy fireworks are too beautiful to only see them once a year." "I know baby but that's what makes them special." "Are my girls having a good time?" "I'm having a great time I don't know if I've ever seen fireworks this pretty before." "They sure are beautiful, but they can't even begin to compare to your beauty. Man I love you and this wonderful country we live in."