Toy Airplanes

Ever since Donald was a little boy he had a fascination with airplanes.  He owned a few and even knew how to fly them.  He and Marla loved to go for a flight every now and then.  He didn't just love real airplanes he also loved toy airplanes as well, especially the ones for adult collectors.  He had a huge collection of them, but there was one special toy plane he had always wanted, but never could get his hands on.  It was super rare, and very few were ever made, Donald called it his grail plane.

One day when Marla and Tiffany were at an antique shop looking around, Marla saw a booth of toy planes and decided to look at them, for her husband.  Her jaw almost dropped to the ground when she realized she was looking at Donald's grail plane.  She quickly started to look for a price tag although she would buy it no matter how much it cost.  She was amazed when she saw that it was only $5.  When Marla told Tiffany what she had found she was equally as excited.  Once they finish their thrifting and paid for their items they started to discuss a way to give Donald his plane.  They decided it would be best if they wrapped it up, and told him it was a little gift for being such a great husband and a great father.

When they got home they were able to sneak the bag in Tiffany's room without Donald noticing it.  Marla went to get wrapping paper to wrap Donald's present up in.  When she got back, her they started to wrap the plane up together.  "What are you two doing in there?" Donald asked.  "Nothing!" Marla said quickly.  "You have to be doing something, why else would you have the door locked?"  Tiffany smiled she knew exactly what to say to get him to leave them alone.  "Well daddy it's kind of a girl thing!"  "Oh sorry, I'll give you two some privacy."  He quickly said as he walked off.  Marla started to laugh and gave her daughter a high five.

Later that night at dinner the girls couldn't wait to give Donald his present.  They decided to get takeout from one of the most expensive restaurants in New York.  Marla decided that would be fitting since he would be getting his grail plane later that night.  Although Donald had no idea why they were eating so fancy tonight but at home.  Once everyone was finished eating Marla winked at Tiffany.   "Excuse us for a minute, Daddy." Tiffany said as she grabbed Marla by the hand, they walked into her bedroom and disappeared for a few minutes. 

Donald couldn't help but wonder what in the world they were doing, but he was patient with his girls.  Finally they came out of Tiffany's room together, Tiffany was holding Donald's present.  Tiffany put the present out in front of him on the table and Marla told him.  "You have been such a great husband to me and such a great father to our daughter, we got you a little something as Thanks."  Donald thought that was so sweet.  "Thank you so much you two, I wish I had something for both of you!"  Donald slowly started to unwrap his gift and he was in shock when he realized what it was.  "Baby, it's my grail plane!" he said almost in tears.  His wife gave him a big smile encouraging him to keep unwrapping his gift.  He flipped the plane over and looked at it for a long time smiling ear-to-ear.  "Thank you two so much, I never thought I would see this in person."  "You're welcome!" they both told him.  "I bet you two about paid a fortune for this, they go for crazy amounts of money online."  "You won't believe it, but we got this for only $5 at that antique shop across the street."  "For real that's crazy!"   "Even if it would have been half a fortune I would have bought it for you, since I knew you wanted it so bad."  "Thank you sweetheart you really are the sweetest thing."