Preschool

Tiffany laid in the bed trying to fall asleep, but she just couldn't she was too excited about starting preschool tomorrow.  She just couldn't take it anymore, so she decided she would get out of her bed to ask her parents what time it was.   She uncovered herself and ran into the living room.

"Mommy, Daddy how much longer till preschool starts?"  "About nine hours!" Marla told her looking at the clock.  "Is that a long time?" "That's a whole night's sleep." Donald told his little girl. "I don't think I can sleep, can I sleep with you tonight?" Donald and Marla both looked at each other. "Me and Mommy were going to stay up and watch a movie, so it may be a while until we get in the bed." "Okay I guess I'll try to go back to sleep in my own bed." "Love you!"  Donald and Marla both yelled as she started to walk back into her bedroom. "Love you too!"

Tiffany hopped back in her bed and pulled the cover completely over her.  "I have to fall asleep so I'm not sleepy at preschool tomorrow." She said out loud to herself.  She laid in the bed for another hour still not being able to fall asleep.

Donald and Marla we're only about halfway through their movie, but Donald told her he was sorry but he had to get some sleep.  "All right we can go to bed now if you want darling, let me just check on Tiffany first." They held hands as they walked into Tiffany's room.

"Mommy, Daddy, I still can't sleep!" "Well we are going to bed now, so you can get in the bed with us." "Yay!" Tiffany said as she got out of the bed and held her mother's hand.  Donald picked her up and carried her into their bedroom.

"All right we need to get some shut-eye, I'm about to fall asleep standing up." "Me too." Marla said yawning.  All three of them got in the bed and snuggled up close to each other. And not much longer after that, Tiffany finally fell asleep.

The next morning they woke up to the sound of their alarm clock. "Morning already?" Marla asked yawning. "Yes it is, and it's time to get Tiffany ready for preschool." Donald climbed out of the bed and Marla picked up her daughter and carried her into the living room.

"Is it morning already Mommy?" "Yes it's finally time for your first day of preschool." "Yay!"  "Now let me get you dressed while daddy isn't in here."  Marla helped Tiffany get dressed then tied her shoes for her.  "I think I look cute!"  "You do sweet girl."  "Breakfast is ready!" Donald hollered as he walked into the living room.  He handed his wife and daughter a plate with blueberry pancakes on them.  Marla and Tiffany both ate their breakfast while Donald got Tiffany's backpack ready.  "All right well I think it's about time we start leaving." Donald told them as he grabbed the keys.

Marla held Tiffany's hand as they walked outside, but before they left she had to take about a million pictures.  "If you don't hurry up darling the other kids will have already graduated before we even get there."  "Oh all right, sit in your car seat Tiffany and Mommy will come around to buckle you."  Donald could feel the tears starting to come, but he tried his best to hold them in.  Donald and Marla both sat in the front seat of the car.  Marla started to tear up, "Are you okay?" Her husband whispered.  "I can't believe she's going to start preschool, I feel like she was born just a few days ago." Marla said,  "I just want my baby back!" He felt sorry for Marla, he loves her so much, but he knew she would start to enjoy older Tiffany too.  "We there yet?" Tiffany asked from her car seat in the back.  "Almost sweetheart we just have to make two more turns."  When they pulled up in the parking lot Donald and Marla got out to help Tiffany. Donald got her backpack and Marla helped her unbuckle her seat belt.

All three of them hold hands as they walked into the building.  "What did you pack me for lunch she asked?"  "We packed you: leftover pizza from last night, a cherry juice box, a banana, and gummy bears." "Yummy, I can't wait till lunchtime."  "All right before we leave you, you have to give Mommy and Daddy both a big kiss" Marla told her little girl.  Tiffany kissed them both on the cheek and told them how much she loved them. Then she ran in the preschool to play with the rest of the children. Marla just smiled, "I guess this is what being a parent is all about watching your kid thrive."

Once Donald and Marla were back in the car Donald had to let a few tears out. "You are such a good mother to Tiffany I am so proud of you." Donald said taking Marla by the hand. "Well you're a terrific father to her too." They both kissed then Donald started back home.