Part 3 - The Drive

It was the first day of her work. Mallika was just very excited. She dressed herself in a cream top and maroon skirt and tied her hair in a stylish bun. She looked herself one last time and she was satisfied with her look.

In Sumedh's house everyone were happy as it was their darling Aathira's birthday. The brothers gifted her a Mini cooper as she was old enough to drive now. Aathira was indeed very happy and drove off in her new car to the college.

As Sumedh entered his office he was greeted at the door by Mallika who looked very pretty than the previous day. She was organizing the meetings for Sumedh and when she saw him enter the room she gave a smile and greeted him.

Sumedh was quite impressed with her job.  She had done a good work for the first day.  During lunch time he saw her eating lunch alone and knew that she didn't have anyone familiar still in the office to give her company. He made a mental note to invite her for lunch the next day.

They had a busy day and Sumedh was the last one to leave the office. It was eleven at night and he took his laptop and came down the lift and he saw someone near the entrance.  It was Mallika and she was standing there as she had also been there till Sumedh finished work.

Sumedh asked her "What are you
doing at this hour at the office? "
Mallika replied "It is just that I wanted to complete the preparations for tomorrow's work and also I thought you might need me to help you in something "

Sumedh shook his head and explained her that she can leave early and there was no need to wait. Looking at her Sumedh asked if he might drop her at home. Mallika quickly accepted and she sat next to Sumedh in his car. As he asked for her address and drove the car both remained silent for a few minutes.

Sumedh switched on the music to break the silence and it played the song " kabhi kabhi mere dil mein... " He heard Mallika humming the song slowly and suddenly switched off the radio and he could hear her still singing melodiously closing her eyes. Suddenly she realized the music was off and she was embarrassed a bit singing in front of her boss. But Sumedh appreciated her voice.

Never in is life he had driven anyone of his employees to home and it was indeed a first time for him. He couldn't himself believe how he was moving around her easily. As they both were talking about some common things Mallika came to know that Sumedh loved his chai and Aloo ka paratha.

Soon they reached her apartment and her father was already standing near the entrance of the building. Sumedh just bid her good night and drove off.

Sumedh came to know from her about the hardships her father faced as a single parent and yet he brought her up in a dignified way. As he reached home and had is dinner and lay on his bed he smiled to himself thinking that if his hunch was correct he will be eating Aloo ka paratha the next day at office...