Part 7 - The Proposal

Mallika couldn't believe her eyes and Sumedh popped the question "Mallika Patel, Will you marry me? " Mallika just shook her head and Sumedh placed a sapphire and diamond ring in her fingers. The few people around clapped for them. Sumedh hugged her and she just placed her head on his chest and few tears started flowing from her eyes. She suddenly saw a small jet flying far away from them with the words "I Love You Mallika" flying from its tail end.

She saw straight through Sumedh's eyes and his hazel eyes showed all the love he had for her. He moved closer to her and she could feel his breathe and next moment she closed her eyes and felt his lips on hers.

Sumedh felt as if he was kissing two soft buds.  A moment later they separated themselves and holding their hands they came down the elevator. It started snowing heavily and they decided to go back to their hotel. The other staff of Sumedh guessed that their arrangements had worked well and they wished them good luck.

As soon as they reached near their rooms Mallika tried to go to her room but Sumedh held her hand and gestured her to come to his room. She obliged and went inside and took off her jacket and sat near the fireplace in the room. Sumedh made a cup of coffee for her and a cup of chai for himself. He handed the coffee to her but she just nodded sideways took the cup of chai from Sumedh and sipped it. Sumedh's eyes widened in disbelief.
He said " Miku, That was chai...here is your coffee"
She said " I very well know it is Chai but I would like to drink it today "
Sumedh just smiled and told her " well you know I cannot drink coffee."
She said " We can both drink chai and handed over the cup to her"
He smiled further and they both sat in the cozy room gazing at the stars from the huge window and sipping from the same cup.

Mallika thought it was time to talk to her dad. She called him and asked about how he was doing and he was delighted to hear her voice. She wanted to go home badly and inform him how her life has changed in the last 48 hours. She just told him that Sumedh took care of her well and she will be back home soon.

Just as she cut the call she felt Sumedh's strong arms hugging her from behind and planting a kiss at the nape of her neck. Her whole body shivered and she just turned around to face him.

Sumedh looked at her and asked " What is it Miku? "
She replied " Sumedh I don't know how my dad will react to our relationship and further I myself would not want to look like a gold digger in your family's eyes. "
Sumedh said " I know about my family and you don't need to worry about anything . As soon as we reach our country I will tell my parents and they will talk to your dad"

He continued " Meanwhile let's enjoy this small vacation of ours as we might not get much time to date once we reach Mumbai"
Mallika knew what was going to happen and she blushed and ran away to her room...