Part 9 - The Family

The five days of their trip went by in wink. They all boarded their private jet to return to India. This time Sumedh made sure to use headphones for Mallika during take off and held her close to him. All four of them played card games and had fun. Revati was occasionally feeling sick.

As they reached the airport in Mumbai they disembarked from the jet and made out of the airport straight to the cars. Mallika quickly pulled her hand away from Sumedh as she knew that her dad will be waiting for her outside.

As usual Sumedh had planned everything. Miku saw her dad and ran towards him and gave a tight hug. They both bid bye to the others and went home. Mallika looked back at Sumedh as she left and he gave an understanding nod.

Meanwhile Sumedh,  Revati and Basanth got on their Rolls Royce Phantom and they were chauffeured home. The rest of their escorts came along in their cars.

When Mallika reached home she was astonished to see all the things which her dad had done for her. He had painted her room in her favourite colour, bought lot of soft toys, baked her favourite blueberry cake and even printed pictures of her since childhood and made a collage of it. The collage was framed nicely and hung at the center of their living room. She instantly knew how much he must have missed her. She hugged her dad again.

As they were having dinner her father showed her the blueprint of the house they were planning to build. She looked at it and was convinced about the design. She was now thinking how she would build that house if she was to get married. Though she was going to marry a very rich man she didn't want her mom's dream to be funded by anyone else. So she made up her mind to continue to work and earn for it.

Meanwhile at the Agarwal's house everyone was very happy. As soon as the cars arrived Aai was ready with the aarti to welcome Revati. Everyone blessed Revati and Aathira came running to her bhabi. She kissed her and expressed her happiness. They both share a different bonding as Aathira was still a school going teen when Revati got married and came into the family.

Sumedh and Aathira filled up each other on what happened in Mumbai and in Paris. As promised his brother had bought her a very pretty dress embellished with Swarovski crystals for her. She liked it very much and said that she would wear it for her farewell party in college.

Sumedh was trying to talk to Aai about Mallika but Aai was busy taking care of Revati and making some special food for her. Later that day after dinner Aai was sitting alone in the swing of their courtyard. Sumedh rested her head on her lap and Aai immediately asked what was that he wanted to tell her since morning. Sumedh thought he can never hide anything from her.

Sumedh slowly said to Aai about Mallika. Initially Aai thought she must be some random girl who just got attracted to Sumedh due to his looks and wealth. But when Sumedh explained further she realised his feelings for her and decided to convey to his Papa and go and meet her at the earliest.

Sumedh retired to his room. He missed Miku a lot. He went to his balcony and looked at the stars. He picked his phone to call her but he knew she would be asleep. He told in his mind you have a surprise tomorrow Miku....