Part 18 - The Anniversary

It was going to be year since Sumedh and Mallika had got married. Revati had delivered a baby boy. The entire Agarwal house was overjoyed. Revati was in her home town. Basanth was shuttling between Mumbai and Delhi( Revati's house). Mallika and Sumedh had gone to visit Revati and they were enjoying the time with the baby. Especially Sumedh had a special bonding with babies.

The Anniversary of Mallika and Sumedh was fast approaching. Because of their hectic days at work they were not able to spend time with each other. Sumedh's mom and dad had decided to give them a break and gifted them a holiday to Seychelles. Two days before their anniversary they took off for their vacation. They landed in the airport and drove off to their holiday room. It was such a needed break for them. They just lay in the sunshine in the beach and Sumedh even cooked some exotic dishes for her.

On the day of their anniversary, Sumedh woke up early. He kissed her and woke her up. He wished her and hugged her tightly. As soon as Mallika opened her eyes she was surprised to see the room fully decorated with flying heart balloons and even a big gift wrapped for her. She jumped out of bed and opened her gift. It was a collage of pictures taken of them throughout this one year. She looked at each picture and thought of all the memories. She thanked Sumedh saying that her life was no less than a fairy tale and it was all because of him.

Sumedh back hugged her and said that it was she who brought the colours in his life. As she went to shower , Mallika noticed that there was again a gift there which had a gift pack of lavender scented shower set. She enjoyed her bath really well as the aromatic smell lifted her mood.

As she came out to dress up, Sumedh was no where to be seen. She found a pastel blue colour floral dress lying on the bed with a rose on top. She picked it up happily and got dressed up. It fit her perfectly, she thought of course who would know of her body other than Sumedh. As she matched her outfit with some simple star earrings and a blue stone chain. She found yet another gift on the dresser. It was her favourite Dior perfume. She sprayed it on her and it felt so divine.

She heard some sounds in the kitchen and found Sumedh cooking all her favourite dishes. They were simple yet tasty. The house helps were no where to be seen. Looks like they were given an off. They had their food and Sumedh was insisting on feeding her with his hands. Mallika felt emotional and she had some tears in her eyes. She got up from her chair and sat on Sumedh's lap. She kissed him all over his face and when she kissed him in his lips Sumedh bit her and made her wince. But still she continued to kiss him..such was her passion for him.

Sumedh took her out of the house and there was a small yellow Vespa bike standing wrapped in ribbons. It was yet another gift for her. She liked it very much as it had been a long time since she had driven a two wheeler. She asked Sumedh to drive it and sat on the pillion. They drove off along the streets and felt g new happiness. Due to their wealth and popularity there has never been a way to enjoy rides like this. Their escorts were following them in a distance always. They bought few antique pieces from the shops. The way she bargained with the shopkeepers made Sumedh smile inwardly.

They spent some time roaming around the city and taking turns to ride the bike. When it almost was sunset , they went back to their holiday home where yet another surprise was waiting for her at their private beach. It was a candle light dinner table set out with fairy lights and their house help have set it out nicely for them. They ate the meal and later strolled at the beach holding their hands. After sometime, they laid on the beach sand and did some star gazing and Sumedh asked her how he liked the surprises and Mallika replied that it was really sweet of him. Then he looked at her asked " OK kargosh, it's time for my gift . But I bet you cannot beat my surprises. "
Mallika just smiled and replied " Oh really, just wait before you conclude."
She then took out a small heart shaped card and gave it to Sumedh. Sumedh was wondering how can a small card be a match for his gifts.
Sumedh opened it and there was the golden words written in it. " Our hearts always beat as one and there is a little heart now beating inside me. Our baby's heart. "...

Dear readers,
Hope you are enjoying reading the book. This chapter was quite a long one and it was really special for me... Due to their mythological screen characters I am not willing to include mature content and will keep it a clean romance... Please do vote, share and comment. I would like to read your comments...