Part 16 - The Dream House

A few months had passed after the marriage of Sumedh and Mallika. Time flies when you are happy. That is exactly how they felt. Mallika had earned a good reputation in office under Sumedh's guidance. Miku's dad was very delighted to see her progress in life. He was happy that the Agarwal's had help her continue her work.

One day, Mallika said Sumedh to keep the coming Saturday evening free as she was taking him somewhere. Sumedh was looking forward for it. On Saturday, Mallika came dressed in an off-white Saree and made a hair in a bun which was completely covered with jasmine flowers. She was wearing a pearl necklace and the bangles which Ajji gave her and pearl jumkas. Sumedh was stunned. She even picked a black kurta for him to wear. He was wondering what was special about that day and where they were going.

Mallika insisted that she will drive the car. She asked the driver to bring their Bentley to the entrance. She drove smoothly and as they proceeded Sumedh saw that they were heading towards the outskirts of the city. It looked quite remote and surrounded by greenery.

As she turned around a lane, Sumedh noticed a house and Mallika's father standing outside. Sumedh immediately realised that it must be the house they were planning to build for a long while. The house was nothing that Sumedh had ever seen. It was an environmental friendly green home. It had solar power panels for generating electricity,  water recyclers, big sky lighters which provided day light inside the house. The rooms were designed in such a way that cool air blew from everywhere. It was a concept used in olden palaces. They had used rose water along with water so the air that blew from the ventilators were aromatic too. It had a patch of land for growing the crops needed for the family. They had all sort of farm animals also. Sumedh started playing with the rabbits. It was really a tribute to Mallika's mom who was a environmentalist.

Sumedh looked at the house in awe. Having been born and brought up in the city he had never seen a house in this concept. They have named the house as "Kirthi's Villa". The three of them sat in the beautiful garden and add some beverages. Miku's dad said to Sumedh that he had taken retirement from his office and he will be living there henceforth. He told Sumedh " I am just so happy that my wife 's dream are realised.  Now all I need is your children to come and stay here and play with me."
Sumedh didn't expect this he just smiled back.

Later they took leave from Miku's dad and boarded their car. There was a satisfaction in Mallika's face which Sumedh noticed. A few minutes into the travel it started raining very heavily. They parked the car on the side lane. They played a romantic song in their car. The song, the rain and the jasmine flowers smell from Mallika made it really mesmerising for Sumedh. He just bent forward and started kissing her and as usual tried to caress her stomach under her saree which had become his usual pleasure.

Mallika least expected this and started hitting him. She faked an anger. But actually she loved him so much to the core. She kept running her fingers inside his hairs and once the rain started to become slower they drove off to home happier than ever. As Mallika's dad wished it was time for them to plan for kids....
.