v. i turn all shades of pink

❝ ― Pinky promise I'll
still love your garden
even with no flowers.
Doctors orders, don't be
broken hearted, time will
still be ours, time will still
be ours. ❞

Claudia had texted us that Mimi was in the hospital, I desperately wanted to offer my condolences so I rushed towards the flower store

Claudia had texted us that Mimi was in the hospital, I desperately wanted to offer my condolences so I rushed towards the flower store. It was this small shop a few blocks away from my house and thankfully, it was on the way to her house. Mimi liked a specific type of hydrangeas, they were a mix of purple and blue. I had a certain attachment to them as they were the first bouquet of flowers that Sam had gotten me. The bell rung as I walked through the doors, a pleasant aroma filled my nose as I approached the front of the store. I leaned over slightly, admiring the myriad of colours and textures which filled the small room. I was so entranced by the flower however, that I had accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I apologised as I jolted up right.

"It's fine, it was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going." Replied a fairly tall boy with short auburn locks and cerulean eyes. Light freckles danced across his pale cheeks which were now stained with a pale shade of pink.

"Neither was I, do you go to Stonybrook high? I haven't seen you before." My expression was full of guilt, I mean I would obviously remember seeing someone like him.

"No, actually. I'm staying with my family for the summer." He was sorting through bouquets of flowers.

"Y/N." I muttered as he continued to sort through the different variations of flowers.

"Sorry, what was that."

"Y/N, my name is Y/N."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Jonah."

"Jonah Pike? My friend Kristy has been droning on about babysitting a new Pike kid."

"Well I assure you, I don't need to be babysat."

It was then that I had found the blue Hydrangeas, I picked them up and held them close to my chest.

"So what are you doing in the flower store?" I asked him, it wasn't the ideal hangout place for a teenage boy. Maybe he was getting something for his girlfriend?

"I work here."

"Um, maybe if your not too busy. I could, you know... Show you around."

He blinked slightly in surprise.

"Yeah, that would be great. My shift is finished in about an hour. If your free..."

"Actually, now isn't a good time. You could text me when your free." It was too late, I had already pulled out me phone. I then realised he too, was pulling out his phone.

Once we were done exchanging numbers, I paid for my hydrangeas and left. I hadn't felt this good since me and Sam were dating and that was such a long time ago that I had forgotten the feeling of liking someone. Sure I liked Sam but Jonahs name wasn't attached with a sudden pain in my chest. It was then that I reached Claudia's house, I walked to the front door, unknown to the horror that awaited me.

AUTHORS NOTE !

SO, THE SOUND TRACK TO THIS CHAPTER IS DIFFERENT. INSTEAD OF THE USUAL SONG HAUNTED, THIS RULE WILL STAND FOR ANY CHAPTERS THAT INCLUDE JONAH SPECIFICALLY. ALSO, LETS PRETEND THAT JONAH IS NOT BASED ON CAMERON MONAGHAN IN SEASON ONE ON SHAMELESS...YEAH, SO HAVE A GOOD DAY!