EPILOGUE

❝ ―We never realise
how frozen we are, until
someone melts our ice. ❞

I sat against the side walk, the bottom of my alabaster dress was submerged in dirt

I sat against the side walk, the bottom of my alabaster dress was submerged in dirt. I reached into my purse and pulled out my phone. I needed a ride home and quick, so I called the first person I could think of, Jonah.

"Hey." Greeted Jonah.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could pick me up." I asked, he agreed and I sent him the address. Surprisingly, he didn't take very long. He had gotten his drivers license a month or two ago so he often drove me in one of the Pike's mini van. That's why I recognised the mini van almost immediately.

"So what happened?" He asked sitting beside me on the sidewalk.

"Well I walked out of my friends mom's wedding." I told him.

"So that's why your dressed like a runaway bride." He laughed, lowering his head slightly so that his red hair covered part of his face.

"Well yeah, could we take a walk, please? I asked.

"Sure." He said.

The park wasn't very far from here so we walked towards it. Occasionally, Jonah and I would brush hands but other then that nothing much happened while we walked. We sat on the swings and turned to face each other, kicking the ground beneath our feet in an attempt to gain some momentum.

"How was the first dance?"

I shrugged, "I walked out before I could see it and anyway I myself have never slow danced before."

Jonah stood up.

"What are you doing?" I asked, laughing.

"You said you've never slow danced before." He reached out his hand.

"There's no music." I mumbled grabbing his hand.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, he played a random collection of classical music. My arms hung loosely around his neck, his were wrapped firmly around my waist. The world around us stood still as we began to lean in and as we shared a kiss I almost forgot that this was the exact place that Sam had asked me out; shared our first kiss and our first date. But in that moment while I was stood park where I stood kissing Jonah Pike, I knew one thing for sure. I would never forget my first love, I would NEVER forget Sam Thomas.