vi. this street runs two ways

❝ ―Eyes like hazel
twinkle in the starlight,
even when they're crying,
even when they're crying. ❞

I walked up the stairs and towards Claudia's room, I had been here before to hang out and sometimes help her with Math

I walked up the stairs and towards Claudia's room, I had been here before to hang out and sometimes help her with Math. I quite liked her room, it was so artistic and beautiful. A myriad of colours covered the walls of her room, the stationary objects which were randomly placed on her bedroom floor seamed to compliment them perfectly.

"Hi, Mr Spier told me to come up here." I mumbled, walking through her bedroom door. I froze when I saw Sam.

"Y/N!" Cried out David-Michael as his small arms wrapped around my torso.

"Hey, buddy." I smiled as I ruffled his curly blonde hair.

"We're making Mimi get well soon cards."

I sat down on her grey rug, Kristy gave me a small smile.

"I like yours Claudia." She smiled at me and glanced over at my drawing which I had just started.

"How'd you learn how to draw like that?" She asked, I don't openly choose to do art like her.

"I took a beginners art class about a year ago." I eyed Sam.

"I'm done." Announced Sam, just by his tone of voice I knew exactly what he had drawn.

"Is that a blender?"

"Yeah it's this thing that I draw."

"Yeah, because nothing says get well soon like a blender."

"Trust me Kristy, that's the only thing he can draw."

"Well, I think it's cool." I rolled my eyes, Stacey was so boy crazy.

"I might make one that covers my whole wall, once we're at Watsons house."

"Hey can I borrow your phone for a minute?" Claudia asked me.

I nodded and passed her my phone.

"Are you getting excited to move?"

Sam nodded while Kristy scoffed.

"Who's flower boy?"

"Huh?"

"Someone named flower boy is texting you." Claudia passed me my phone and my face began to heat up once I realised who it was.

"Oh, that's just Jonah."

"Jonah Pike?" Kristy asked excitedly, scrambling to get up.

"He's sixteen and you were excited to babysit him." I told her, laughing slightly as she turned pink.

"Is he cute?" Stacey blurted out which caused everyone to laugh, except Sam.

"We'll know soon enough." Before I had the chance to react, Kristy requested to facetime him.

"Kristy!" I yelled but it was too late his face was already on the screen.

"Hey." Jonah greeted.

"Hi."

"So, what are you doing?"

"We're making get well soon cards for my friend Claudia's grandma, she's in the hospital."

He nodded, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Well this is everyone." I turned my phone so that everyone would fit in frame. "That's Kristy, Stacey and Sam. He's Kristy's brother. That's Maryanne, that is Claudia and of course David-Michael." I pointed towards everyone, Sam almost seemed disappointed when I referred to him as Kristy's brother.

"So where did you guys meet?" Kristy asked.

"I works at the flower store." Sam scoffed before looking down at his drawing.

"I was getting flowers for Mimi, blue Hydrangeas. They're my favourite." I could practically feel Sam's burning gaze.

"I have to go, I think Mallory needs me." Jonah gave me a guilty smile.

"It's fine, night ."

"Goodnight." He said before hanging up.

Kristy gave me a look.

"What?" I asked, my face heating up.

"He likes you."

I shook my head, "No he doesn't."

"Yeah, he does." Claudia agreed.

At that moment I wasn't thinking about Jonah, I was thinking about the sad look that Sam was giving me. His eyes were glossy as if he were about to cry. The world could be in utter destruction and all I could care about is how he felt.

AUTHORS NOTE !

ALRIGHT, SO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS WOULD READ A CHARLIE THOMAS STORY. I ALREADY HAVE AN IDEA AND I'LL WRITE AND PUBLISH IT IF YOU GUYS WANT. I'M THINKING ABOUT NAMING IT 'WITCH' AND THE READER (OR OC) BEING DAWN'S SISTER.