10; minnie

tw // mentions of gore, violence, weapons

"whatcha up to?"

"hm? oh, paperwork."

minnie shifted in the pile of blankets she was nestled in to watch soojin sign her name at the bottom of the paper in loopy swirls.

"is that important?"

soojin shrugged. "i suppose so. are you feeling better?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

"sort of," minnie replied, moving around on the bed and wincing a little. "nothing i can't handle."

the demon raised an eyebrow questioningly. "i thought you wouldn't have experienced pain before."

"i did when i told yuqi to go."

༻ ༒ ༺

"where are we going?"

the demon purposely ignored her question, clasping her cold hand around the fallen angel's blackened wrist, leading her down the red-carpeted passage and into a tiny room, pressing one of the millions of shiny unlabeled buttons.

what's with all the buttons?

"this is an elevator, minnie. it brings you up and down to the floors you want to go to."

"cool," she breathed out, staring in awe as metal doors closed shut by themselves. "what kind of magic is this?"

"it's not magic," soojin smiled, "just technology." the lift shuddered slightly, and minnie looked down, alarmed as it descended at a steady pace.

"we're going down at least a thousand floors. do you think we should be going just a little bit faster?"

minnie barely had time to respond before soojin grabbed an inconspicuous looking lever and yanked it, making a soft grinding noise.

"i'd hold on if i were you," she advised.

just as she said that, the elevator dropped.

༻ ༒ ༺

"aaaaaa!"

minnie screamed, holding onto the handrails on the side of the elevator, her feet touching the ceiling as the elevator plummeted down faster than she could register.

she heard soojin laughing to her right, her wings spread to keep her balance. the elevator suddenly screeched to a stop and minnie was immediately flung to the ground as soojin landed lightly next to her, giggling as she helped her up.

"what the heck, soojin!" minnie angrily yelled, slapping soojin's hand away and getting to her feet without her help. "you could've gotten me killed!"

"well, you're fine right now, right?"

wow, thanks for pointing out the obvious. i totally didn't notice that i am not currently a mess of organs, bones and blood on the ground of the elevator.

minnie shouldered past her and out of the elevator, stopping in her tracks when she took a look around the area.

twenty or so humanoid figures with horns and weapons were lifting sacks of sand, throwing weighted balls and pummeling each other in a large ring drawn in the center of the high-ceilinged space.

"wh-why am i here?"

soojin reappeared behind her, taking both minnie's shoulders and steering her to a rack of pointy objects.

"you're gonna have to learn to defend yourself if you ever want to venture to the mortal realm. besides, it's not like you have anything else to do other than cry about your girlfriend. fighting is a great way to get your mind of stuff!"