18; minnie

tw // mentions of alcohol

minnie woke up with a pounding headache.

what happened?

eunbin?

how did i get here?

minnie rolled over, the cool towel on her forehead falling off.

"ugh, where am i? why does my head hurt so bad?"

"you got really wasted with eunbin last night," soojin matter-of-factly responded. minnie heard the scratching sounds of a pen on paper, and squinted in her direction. "you were really drunk."

"mhm," minnie's vision was still fuzzy, but she focused on the sound of soojin's voice. "you can let go of my hand now."

"that's not my hand, girl."

wait, that's not...

the hand on hers was impossibly soft, far too smooth to be soojin's rough hands, which were rough and hardened from doing... whatever she usually did.

she looked up and stared for a few seconds in shock.

minnie felt like time had stopped.

in front of her was an angel that she thought she would never see again.

shuhua.

she was asleep by the side of the bed, seated uncomfortably on a chair with her head resting on the bedsheets.

she must have started crying at some point, because tears were dripping off her face and onto her tattered clothes.

she looked back at soojin with shining eyes, her headache forgotten, and mouthed two words: 'thank you'.

༻ ༒ ༺

minnie had returned to her own room to let soojin have an hour or two of sleep before coming back, her barely concealed excitement exploding out when she saw that the angel was awake.

"shuhua!" yelled the demon, tackling the angel and hugging her around the waist. "you're here! you're actually here!"

shuhua laughed the high-pitched laugh that minnie grew fond of after spending years together in Heaven and wrapped her arms around the demon. "of course i'm here, you think i could let my best friend leave me forever? no chance, you're not getting rid of me so easily."

when minnie finally let go, shuhua positioned herself next to minnie on the bed, shifting her wings. the angel noticed her staring at her wings and sighed, pushing the demon's hair away from her face.

"i'm sorry, min. if i could go back in time, i would-"

"i missed you guys." minnie bluntly interjected, drawing her legs in to sit cross-legged next to shuhua.

shuhua looked a little taken aback by the suddenness of her statement but recovered quickly. "i know."

"why did you come down here?"

shuhua gestured vaguely. "i just wanted to see you again."

"but how?" she asked, her eyes wide.

"i'll answer that later. ask me something else first?"

"how's yuqi?" minnie questioned, piling the pillows behind her and leaning back against them. she was used to the angel's habits of suddenly changing the topic when she didn't want to answer, and trusted that she would tell her later.