17; soojin

tw // mentions of alcohol

"i don't get it, where is that demon?"

"still in Hell, soojin." taemin's smooth voice repeated. "she didn't pass through any of the exits. and stop bothering me about the whereabouts of a single demon. follow the rules and go through the front desk first."

"fine."

soojin slammed her phone on the table, causing the angel standing awkwardly in the middle of the room to jump. she was already in a bad mood, having to have dealt with an angel who apparently couldn't shut up.

and to top it off, minnie had disappeared.

"so... what happened?" shuhua quietly asked, fiddling with her hair. the angel's white wings directly contrasted her room, which was, like most of the building, decorated in darker hues, and she stood out like a lighthouse in the dark sea.

thank lilith i didn't have to go through the normal entrance, that Heaven spawn would never have passed the devils no matter how much alcohol i bribed them with.

she probably would've persuaded them to repent or some shit like that too.

"minnie's not in her room and she couldn't have left the building," soojin muttered to herself. "which means that she's probably down the hallways. i'm not going alone, though. she's your best friend, right? you have to help too."

shuhua flinched. "huh?"

"hello? were you listening? i said, you have to help me search for minnie."

shuhua nodded her head vigorously, and soojin saw a dimple on her cheek appear when she bit her lip.

soojin's mind was racing at the speed of donghyuck in car racing game and swerving even more dangerously but she forced herself to stop and think a little more rationally.

"we have already established that you probably would get killed if any devils were to find out about you, so you're gonna have to wear a disguise."

pulling a few pieces of mismatched fabric off the messy rack of clothes, soojin flung it in the general direction of the angel. "put this on over the white."

the demon watched the angel stare quizzically at the cloth before slipping it over her shoulders, her wings completely covered by the chocolate-colored cloak. after she pulled the black pants over her spotless white ones, she could almost pass off as a devil.

a very pure, angelic devil.

"yeah, no. that's not gonna work. you're just too," soojin gestured vaguely at the angel. "you."

the angel somehow managed to look both idignant and genuinely shocked at the same time. "what's wrong with who i am?" she demanded, taking an angry step towards soojin.

soojin immediately took a step forward. "i don't know, maybe it's the fact that you're a Heavenly being in Hell that can't mask their own aura?"

despite the fact that the angel looked about as intimidating as a kitten, she managed to yell at the demon. "well then why don't you do something about it?"

soojin frustratedly tugged at her the ends of her long, disheveled blonde hair. "since you're so smart, why don't you tell me what can i do about it?"

"didn't you say that you were the smart one?"

"shut up, you piece of scum!"

༻ ༒ ༺

"what's going on over here?" an unusually bright voice yelled.