Chapter 6: New Boy

"Are you sure he's ok?" Camille asked.

"Positive, I found a pulse."

"But, he doesn't look ok," Camille observed.

Indeed, the boy wasn't in very good shape. His pure white shirt was torn in several places and battered with blood mixed with sweat. His limbs were marred with cuts and bruises and a long cut ran down from his left eye to his chin.

"Did he get beaten up?" Lucy asked, stating the obvious.

Camille studied the teen. Now she could see him better then she could in her dreams. He had pale ivory skin with a tinge of pink. His hair was light brown which faded into dark brown.

Just then the body started moving. An arm moved backwards to prop the boy up, and a hand went up and touched the forehead. When the eyes slowly opened, Camille noticed that they were green almost like emeralds. The boy slowly stood up but he swayed dangerously on his feet. Caspian and Camille rushed over to help him when the boy nearly fell.

"Oh, ow," the boy groaned.

"Careful, now, we got you," Caspian assured him.

"Um, thanks? Where am I?" The boy asked as his eyes began to focus.

"You're in Narnia, sir." Camille explained. "I am Queen Camille and this is my brother King Caspian, but you can just call us by our names. The rest are crew mates of the Dawn Treader."

Camille and her brother set the boy down on a supply box.

"Now what's your name, mister?" Caspian inquired.

"M-Marcus," the boy stammered. "Marcus Brentt."

His voice was soft and a little strained, but it was smooth and youthful to the ear. Then he looked around at the Narnian and Telmarine crew.

Lucy stepped forward and smiled, "I am Lucy and this is Edmund." She nodded towards Edmund who was studying him.

"I come from the same world you do, so I can explain everything. But first let's get you inside the cabin and get your wounds healed." She led the way into the cabin, Marcus following slowly behind.

****

After Lucy had explained everything, and after the new arrival got into dry clothes, including Edmund and Lucy, they walked out of the hold of the deck to where Camille, and Caspian stood.

Lucy was now wearing a short-sleeved blue dress that went just down to her ankles. It was Camille's dress that she had lent since Camille was the only woman on board the ship before Lucy arrived.

"I'm pretty sure this dress will suit you just fine." Camille had told Lucy in her private cabin.

"But this is your best dress!" Lucy protested.

"Well I'm happy to lend it to you. Besides it brings out your eyes."

Lucy smiled at this and accepted the dress.

"Well, Marcus, you look better already." Camille smiled.

Marcus returned her smile, "I thank you for your hospitality

Marcus returned her smile, "I thank you for your hospitality."

"So how long has it been since we've left?" Edmund asked.

"Three years." Camille informed them.

"I can see that not much has changed since arriving." Lucy put in.

"No, nothing really has. Follow me." Caspian led them into an open cabin.