Chapter 5: The Ship Deck

Camille swam for a familiar looking brown head as Caspian went for the girl.

"Don't worry, I got you," Caspian quickly told the already panting girl.

Camille seized the neck collar of the boy in front of her. She quickly recognized the figure as Edmund, king of Narnia. "I don't think a king like you could handle avoiding a large boat for long, eh Edmund?" She asked with a smirk.

At her voice, Edmund turned around. "Camille!" He exclaimed just when Lucy cried Caspian's name.

"Why hello, Edmund, fancy meeting you here," she grinned as she treaded water.

Edmund gripped her shoulders. "I just can't believe I'm seeing you!"

"Believe it," Camille replied.

"Are we in Narnia?" The two heard Lucy ask.

"Yes, you're in Narnia!" Camille assured her.

Eustace on the other hand, wasn't putting up very well. "I don't wanna go! I want to go back to England!" He wailed as he fought his rescuer.

"Little help, Drinian?" Camille winked but Drinian didn't respond as Eustace's flailing splashed water into his face.

Lucy and Caspian were the first to be pulled up out of the water. Next came Edmund and Camille and lastly Drinian and the brat were brought up.

"That was thrilling!" Lucy exclaimed as she snuggled into the towel Caspian gave her.

"And it's always a thrill to see you, Camille," Edmund added.

Camille smiled, then handed him a towel and led him over to where Lucy and Caspian were. A crew mate handed Camille a towel on the way, which Camille accepted.

"How in the world did you end up here?" Caspian asked.

"I have no idea," Lucy grinned.

"Didn't you call for us?" Edmund questioned.

"Not this time," Camille told them.

A loud shriek interrupted the happy reunion. "Get that thing off me!" Eustace yelled, throwing a mouse across the deck.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy exclaimed as the mouse picked itself up.

The mouse whirled around and noticed Edmund and Lucy. "Your Majesties!" He exclaimed and quickly fixed his little sword then bowed respectfully.

"Hello Reep, what a pleasure." Edmund greeted.

"The pleasure is all mine sir, but first what to do with this ....hysterical interloper?" The mouse gestures to where Eustace was getting up using the ship's railing as support.

"That giant rat just tried to claw my face off!" Eustace wailed again.

"I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs, sir." Reepicheep explained.

Eustace's eyes widened. "It-It talked. Did anyone just see that? It just talked!" Eustace pointed at Reepicheep.

"He always talks," a crew member piped up.

"Actually, it's getting him to shut up, that's the trick," Caspian quipped and Camille nudged him in the ribs.

The crew laughed and Reep turned back to the royals.

"The moment there is nothing to be said, Your Highness, I promise you I won't say it." Reep defended himself.

"I don't know what kind of prank this is but I wanna wake up," Eustace demanded as he ran into the center of the crew, "right now!"

"Perhaps we could throw him back?" Reep offered.

Camille and Lucy looked at him incredulously but Edmund seemed to really consider this.

Lucy gave her brother a whack on the arm. "Edmund!" She scolded.

"I demand to know just where in the blazes am I!?!?!" Eustace went on.

"You're on the Dawn Treader, the finest ship in the Narnian navy." A Minotaur explained.

Eustace's face paled then he collapsed in a faint.

"Well, that did the trick," Camille muttered making Edmund grin.

"Was it something I said?" The Minotaur asked Caspian in confusion.

Caspian looked down at the unconscious boy. "See to him, will you?" He requested.

Caspian then went up a few steps of the wheel deck. "Men, behold our castaways. Edmund the Just,"

Camille joined her brother and added, "and Lucy the Valiant. High King and Queen of Narnia." Caspian winked at his sister.

Everyone on board knelt down respectfully as Edmund and Lucy looked over the crew. Suddenly, the lookout interrupted them.

"Man overboard!" It cried.

Everyone stood up and raced over to the side of the ship. There in the water was the lifeless body of a seventeen-year-old boy with a greenish jacket, a pure white shirt, and navy blue pants with a brown belt. Caspian dove over the side and was soon hauled aboard with the boy's limb body.

Caspian stumbled into the center of the ship and dropped to the floor with the body. "He's ok, just - unconscious." Caspian told them when he found a pulse.

Camille's eyes suddenly widened as she recognized the body. It was the same boy from her nightmares. The boy who was in trouble. The boy who Camille and Caspian somehow knew from somewhere. The mystery boy!

Camille pulled her brother to the side. "We've found our mystery boy," she whispered to him and his eyes widened.