Chapter 33: A Happy Ending

"Let's get them aboard the ship," Caspian ordered and hurried to clear the ship for the new passengers.

"We did it. I knew we would." Lucy grinned up at Edmund who had finished his conversation with Marcus and came to stand between the girls.

"It wasn't just us though," Camille acknowledged. She was wondering what happened to Eustace. He did play his part in the battle. "What do you suppose happened to Eustace?" Camille asked aloud.

"Hey, Lucy! I'm down here! Lucy! Edmund! Over here, in the water." The voice came from the other side of the ship  and when Camille, Lucy, Edmund and Caspian came over, they found Eustace in the water, a dragon no more.

"I'm a boy again!" Eustace cried happily.

Camille smiled up at Caspian, a happy ending to a wild adventure.

"Eustace!" Reep exclaimed, popping out of nowhere. "I see your wings have been clipped. Ha, Ha!" with that cry he leaped into the waters below.

"Where the sky and water meet, where the waves grow sweet,-'" Some water went into Reep's mouth and a look of surprise crossed his face. "It's sweet!"

Eustace tasted it too and it was indeed sweet.

"It's sweet! It's fresh water!" Reep cried again and everyone laughed merrily when something caught their  attention.

"Look! It's Aslan's country." Reep exclaimed, climbing onto Eustace's shoulder.

"We must be close," said Caspian.

"Well, we have come this far," Edmund commented after a short pause.

Camille smiled in awe as she leaned against her brother. "It's like a dream-"

"Or a dream of a dream," Lucy finished smiling.

"Let's get ready to go." Camille looked at her friends.

               ****

A few minutes later, in fresh  clothes, Camille and the other royals, including Marcus, the Pevensies's cousin Eustace, and Reep, sat in a longboat. Caspian and Edmund sat at the oars rowing the boat across the waters covered with white lilies, like a bride in a dazzling white gown. Camille plucked a flower from the water and smiled at its beauty.

"So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund was asking.

"No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shed the dragon skin myself." Eustace explained.

Camille glanced beside her and saw Marcus looking around at all the wonder of the world's end.

"Back in my world, there's no such thing as a world's end. Yet I'm seeing it." Marcus spoke quietly, not realizing he had actually said that out loud.

Camille smiled to herself and turned her attention back to the conversation at hand. Up above, Pearl flew, staying with the boat as it moved through the lilies.

"Then He came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain, like when you pull a thorn from your foot." Eustace looked behind him at Lucy. "Being a boy wasn't all bad. I mean," he looked back at Caspian and Edmund, "I think I was better being a dragon than a boy really.

"I'm so sorry for being such a snob."

Edmund smiled, "It's ok Eustace, you were a pretty good dragon."

"My friends, we have arrived at our destination." Reep announced from his perch behind Camille causing everyone to look behind them.