Chapter 24: I'm sorry

Camille and Lucy walked in silence as they headed back towards the boat, the boys and Pearl trailing behind. Camille's fingers were still white seeing as she hadn't let go of the weapon yet. She was still mad at how the boys acted inside that cave. Seriously, why couldn't they be civilized?

"Camille," Lucy spoke softly as she glanced behind them at the boys' sheepish faces. "They made an honest mistake. Can't you talk to them?"

"After what they did? No way!" Camille fumed. She was angry that they had made her worst nightmares come true.

"Camille, please?" Lucy begged.

Camille shook her head, still irritated.

"Please, Camille," this time it was Caspian, desperate for her to accept his apology.

Camille tried to leave but he hung onto her wrist stopping her. "Let go!" Camille barked.

Caspian's hand fell from her wrist. "I know, I know, I didn't act like the brother you know inside that cave and I'm sorry. I know that wasn't me! I never intended to hurt you the way I did, honest. Please Camille, you have to understand, I really am sorry."

Camille sighed. Her dear old brother was back again. "I believe I do understand, now."

"So you're not ...mad at me, are you?" Caspian said slowly.

Camille smiled softly, "No, I can never stay mad at you, big brother."

Camille pulled her brother into a hug and felt a relieved sigh escape him.

"What about Edmund, Camille?" Caspian asked after a while.

"What about him?" Camille asked, pulling away.

"You should go talk to him, he'll need it."

Camille huffed, "I don't know."

Caspian brushed a stray strand of hair from Camille's eyes. He thought his sister looked so adorable with her hair in her eyes. "He may not know about your nightmares, Camille, so you can't hold a grudge against him."

Camille sighed, "Fine, I'll go. Talk it out and set things straight."

"That's my sister," Caspian smiled.

Camille turned to talk to Edmund while Caspian and Lucy continued back to the boats.

As they reached the shore, Caspian and Lucy heard yelling coming from behind them, mostly coming from Camille's part.

"Sire," Captain Drinian addressed Caspian when he noticed the argument between Camille and Edmund. "Is everything alright?"

"Oh, yes, Captain. Everything is just fine."

"Shall I go break it up, your Majesty?"

"No, I'm sure Camille's got it under control." Caspian assured Drinian.

Lucy watched Camille and Edmund try to resolve matters with each other.

"Camille, I know you're mad at me but I didn't know any of this might bring up your nightmares. I honestly didn't know about them," Edmund was saying.

Camille put her hands on her hips, still angry. "And if you had stayed sensable, none of this would have happened. I'm very ashamed of you Edmund Pevensie!"

"Camille please! I never wanted to hurt you but I did," Edmund was getting frantically desperate. "Come on, Camille! I can't live like this, knowing anger resides between us.

"Camille, please don't stay angry." Edmund pulled Camille closer to himself. "I wasn't acting very smart inside that cave and I certainly wasn't thinking about you. I won't let anything like this happen again."

Camille sighed, exasperated, "Alright and you better not. You ought to remember this for next time."