Chapter 15: The Happenings on Board

Dear Diary, there has been an extraordinary turn of events. I've been abducted by my cousins and set adrift in uncharted waters in some ridiculous looking boat. What's worse is that I share quarters with an obnoxious mouse thing. And I thought bunking with my cousin was bad enough.

Eustace sat in a hammock writing as the boat swayed gently side to side.

So far, every person I've met in this strange place suffers from the most florid delusions.

It was the following day and Eustace now sat among the crates on deck as he watched the people walk around

Chasing green mists and lost lords. I can only assume that this is the result of poor diet. Or they're all barking mad.

Over in the corner of the ship, Lucy was busy mending garments that had been damaged in the previous fight.

Cousin Edmund is no exception. He spends every second rubbing that tin sword of his like it's some magic lantern. The poor fool clearly needs a hobby.

Edmund was busy cleaning the old sword of the Lord Bern. Bits and pieces of rock fell off the sword one at a time. Every few moments he'd raise the sword up to admire it. Camille came over and studied it. Reep also came and perched on the railing nearby.

"It's going to be magnificent!" Camille commented.

"Do they come in a smaller size?" Reep piped, chuckling.

That mouse is a peeving marmot! He's even more deluded than my cousin. In England, we have mouse traps for that sort of thing.

"This sword is magnificent, but not gorgeous as you, Camille." Edmund winked.

Camille smiled and walked off. Edmund's eyes followed after Camille, who went straight to chat with Marcus. His eyes filled with pure hate completely unknown to him.

Edmund seems too amorous with that Camille queen for his own good. He also seems to despise that adversary of his, Marcus. Or maybe he just got poisoned by jealousy.

"Speaking of food, do you know where I can get any?" Eustace asked a bird perched on a box nearby.

"Uh, why are you talking to that bird?" Travros asked as he watched Eustace from the poop deck just above him.

"Well.... I just naturally assumed that it could...." Eustace sputtered but was cut off by Travros cracking with laughter.

"He's talking to birds!" Travros laughed with his shipmate.

"Yeah, he's as mad as a loon that one." His companion laughed along.

Eustace flustered slightly with embarrassment then shooed the bird away.

(A/N)

So should I include more rivalry between Edmund and Marcus?