57. How You Sleep

Alexander Zverev:

Sascha will hold you to his chest, so closely and tightly that you can hear his steady heartbeat. You'll rest your hands on his stomach, and nestled your head into his shoulder. He'll always kiss you on the forehead, and will never let you go whilst the two of you sleep.

Alex de Minaur:

The two of you will lie face to face, often talking and staring into each other's eyes before you both fall asleep. He's usually the first one to drift away, especially after a long match, but mostly because your soothing and calm voice is enough to send him into a deep slumber. You'll always try to keep your eyes open for a little while longer whilst he's sound asleep, just so you can admire his face and all that he is for those few minutes longer.

Benoit Paire:

You and Benoit will both lay on your backs as you sleep, with you resting your head on his shoulder as you stare at the ceiling. The two of you will often talk nonsense for hours upon hours, until one of you falls asleep. You are often the first to wake up, and when you do, you'll always look down at your hand that is interlocked with his, knowing his subconscious always has the urge to hold onto you.

Borna Coric:

Borna will often lie on his back whilst you rest your head on his chest. He'll trace patterns on your back with the tips of his fingers whilst one of you rants about the day, or the two of you just talk about anything under the sun. When you feel like you're about to drift off, you'll sit up so you're eye to eye, giving him a quick kiss and saying goodnight before your head hits the pillow and the two of you fall peacefully asleep.

Casper Ruud:

Casper would always hold you close as you both slept. He'd either have his hands on your waist, or arms wrapped around your waist, holding you as he fell asleep and all through the night. Whenever you would wake up before him, it was always difficult to loosen his grip. He would often wake up wondering where you would be if you weren't there, taking a few seconds to figure out where you were. Though if he woke up and you were in his arms, he would just hold you tightly, cherishing those moments where you both could lay in peace and quiet.

Denis Shapovalov:

Denis is your classic big spoon, and you are his little spoon. He'll wrap his arms around your waist and pull you into his chest, resting his chin on the top of your head. In the morning, you'll always try and sneak out of bed, attempting not to wake him in the process. However he's always awake when you are, and won't let you leave until he's fully ready to get out of bed, snaking his arms around you for another hour or so.

Diego Schwartzman:

Sleeping in the same bed with Diego may not have been the most cuddliest of sorts, mostly because of you sprawling across the bed and not giving him a lot of room to sleep with. You'll often lie on your stomach with your arms out to the sides or your legs awkwardly spread across the bed. Luckily for you, your boyfriend doesn't mind as much as others may, and he just accepts your strange method of sleeping for the way it is.

Dominic Thiem:

Dominic would always be the first one to fall asleep. You would face each other, twiddling his hair between your fingers as his eyes would slowly shut. His hand would hang loosely on your hip, keeping you within reach. Him falling asleep first usually meant that he was the first to wake up, which was when he normally admired you.

Felix Auger-Aliassime:

You would always cling onto Felix like a koala, whilst the two of you slept. He would sometimes wake up, smiling as he looked down to see your arms wrapped around his waist, struggling to get you off of him so he could get up. Although, nearly every time, he would just pull you closer, falling back asleep, as there was nothing better than doing so with you by his side.

Grigor Dimitrov:

Grigor will always have his arm around your shoulders, with you using him as your pillow. Surprisingly, his arm never gets numb from you resting on him, or so he claims, but nevertheless you always enjoy snuggling up close to him, resting your hands on his chest, tracing words and small pictures on him as the two of you talk about nonsense for hours upon hours.

Hubert Hurkacz:

Hubert will always be holding on to you through the night. There would be times where you would have rolled away throughout the night, to which Hubert would often wake up to. Groggily he would pull you closer or shuffle closer to you, just to fall asleep once more. It was his way of making sure that you were always there, holding you close because it was very rare when he saw you and got to do that.

Jannik Sinner:

Jannik would be the big spoon to your little spoon. He would hold you tightly, not wanting to let you go, and wouldn't until you dragged him out of bed. He was happy with his arm around your waist, falling asleep as you would scroll through your phone, or reading a book. He would almost always fall asleep first, and the only way you would be able to tell was when you could that he had fallen asleep would be from the soft snores in your ear.

Jordan Thompson:

Jordan will always grip your waist, whether you're face to face or you have your back to him. He'll rest his hands on your waist, or around it, holding you close no matter what. When you're mad at him or upset in general and you face away, he'll cheer you up by whispering sweet things your ear, making you forget about all the arguments and all that troubles you.

Reilly Opelka:

As you often move around and never keep the same position, no matter whether your pressed up against him or all the way across the other side of the bed, Reilly will always keep a hand on you just so you feel and are reminded that he's there. You'll often feel uneasy when you can't feel him next to you, especially when you know he should be there. Sometimes you will sit up and search for him, realising that he had only rolled over to the other side of the bed. You'll then hug him or hold onto him, feeling at peace once again.

Roger Federer:

The two of you lay close together, however you aren't always so cuddly. The only touch you get from Roger is his arm resting randomly on you. Whether he lies on his stomach or his back, if he's facing you or not, he'll always have his arm across you - chest, waist or lazily over your shoulders. It's more for him, so he knows you're lying there, and he feels comfortable and no longer restless when you are by his side.

Stefanos Tsitsipas:

Although it isn't the most popular of sleeping positions, you are always the big spoon when you and Stefanos share a bed. You'll wrap your arms around his waist and rest your cheek on his back. Although you are always the one holding onto him and he never does anything to indicate that he doesn't want you to hug him, what you don't know is that he has a sweet smile plastered onto his face whilst he sleeps, as he has you with him, and that's all he could ever ask for.

Taylor Fritz:

You and Taylor aren't close at all when the two of you fall asleep. The two of you would prefer to sleep in your own comfortable position, which often means away from each other, and sometimes back to back. However, throughout the night and without your knowledge, Taylor will roll over and pull you into his chest, wanting to be close to you. Of course, you had always just assumed that it's something he did subconsciously, but he could never bring himself to actually saying that all he wants is to hold you close at night.