viii. money and a gun

FIRE AND ICE
EIGHT - MONEY AND A GUN

IF SOMEONE HAD told Chase Brooks that he'd be on some adventure with a very pretty girl and three guys who seemingly didn't really want him around all because he moved to Outer Banks after a tragic event took place in his life, he'd be on the floo...

IF SOMEONE HAD told Chase Brooks that he'd be on some adventure with a very pretty girl and three guys who seemingly didn't really want him around all because he moved to Outer Banks after a tragic event took place in his life, he'd be on the floor laughing. So as they pulled up to the sketchy ass motel Chase had a feeling of ignorance for letting himself be dragged into this because of a girl who smiled at him.

A whistle left JJ's lips as he took in the scene of the run down motel. "And I thought The Chateau looked bad."

"This place is a shitshow." John B agreed.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie asked.

"You be the judge." Pope put in.

Chase would say meth lab. "This place is definitely no Hotel California." He said looking out on the over grown lawn and weeds, the motel it's self had a few busted windows, mattresses and garbage littered the property, there was even a small boat on the bank.

"Doesn't look like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would stay." John B pointed out obviously.

Pope nodded. "No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Chase chuckled at the boy's words.

"Alright, Here we go." JJ stated as they got closer to the bank before pretending to speak over an intercom system. "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pouge comin' in for landing." He jumped from the bow to the grass to tie off the boat.

"We good?" John B asked.

JJ nodded. "Yeah, we good."

"Alright, here goes nothin'." John B said.

Before John B could hop off the boat, Pope stopped him. "Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Don't let him do anything stupid." He pointed to JJ.

JJ nodded. "We will. Let's go pretty boy." He told Chase who raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You're coming with us."

Chase shook his head. "Nope, there's probably a crackhead up there waiting to kill me so no thanks."

"Dude, let's go." John B said grabbing Chase's arm and pulling him off the boat.

"Woah man." Chase took his arm from the boy's grip as he stood on the grass. "Just to let you know, I don't swing that way."