Prologue

"How, Bai? How can you defend someone that's so terrible? Someone that wants to take away the world's last bit of hope!" Katara shouted.

Bai sat in silence for a moment, not knowing whether she should lie or not. She sighed in a tone of exasperation. She knows there's no point of lying. She's ran from the truth for far too long.

"Look....." Bai started. "I know the Fire Nation has done some awful things over the last 100 years. The Fire Nation has been nothing ruthless, unkind, and radical to us all in some way. A-and I know Zuko has done some terrible things. I know whenever you see him, you see this monster. You see this terrible, awful person that wants to destroy balance... but I just don't see that. I still see the boy I fell in love with."

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

She was light. He was darkness.

She was his moon. He was her sun.

She was adored. He was despised.

She wanted to go unnoticed. He wanted everyone to know who he was.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Despite being polar opposites from one another, they shared a love stronger than anyone could ever imagine; not even the spirits themselves could separate Bai and Zuko from each other. Even though they became entranced with each other at a young age, they knew they were soulmates that were destined to be together. They even promised each other they would be together no matter what they faced.

But even the most strongest loves must be tested sometimes. And sometimes, life is cruel in choosing your tests and trials.

Will the lovers promise still reign true during a war while fighting on opposing forces? Or, is it a promise that's waiting to be broken?

A/N: I just wanted to clarify that you pronounce Bai's name like the word "bye"
The name Bai comes from Chinese origin and means pure. 🙂