X

"I swear I'm gonna kick Aang so hard that he's going to end up in the Fire Nation." Sokka grumbled.

"Sokka..." Bai started.

"Bai! Don't you get what he's done! He's going to put us in danger! The Fire Nation is going to wipe away this whole villiage all because of... him."

"He's just a kid Sokka." Bai offered.

"Who just put all of us in danger! I mean... aren't you at least worried about what the Fire Nation is going to do when they see you again?"

Bai stopped for a moment. She really hadn't even thought of that. Which, they think she's dead. Why should it matter if they see her again? They probably won't even recognize her.

"Yay! Aang's back!"

Everyone looked at Aang and Katara walking up the hill to meet the rest of the village. And by the looks on their faces, the two knew they messed up.

"I knew it" Sokka screamed. "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?"

"Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident." Katara protested.

"Yeah. We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and, well- we booby-ed right into it." Aang said sheepishly.

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship! Now we could all be in danger!" Gran-Gran uttered.

"I mean, were either one of you thinking about the consequences?!" Gramma added.

"Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault."

"Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy. The foreigner is banished from our village." Sokka screamed.

Bai began to feel nauseous. She remembers this scene all too well. And it's one she has chosen to forget.

"Sokka, you're making a mistake." Katara huffed.

"Maybe we should give Aang another chance. He's just a kid." Bai suggested.

"No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you, from threats like him! He doesn't deserve a second chance, Bai. He never even should've been here!"

Bai couldn't pinpoint the reason, but this whole conversation was leaving her overwhelmed and upset. Maybe it's because she knows what Aang feels like and the pain of being pushed away- especially when you weren't wanted. She just had to walk away; she just couldn't see this scene unfold in front of her.

"You all gave me a second chance." Bai whispered, walking back to the village.

"Bai, wait! See, look what you did Sokka! This is getting way out of hand! Aang is not our enemy! Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time: fun."

"Fun?! We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Sokka argued.

"You should try it sometime..." Aang optimistically suggested.

"Get out of our village! Now!"

"Grandmother, please. Don't let Sokka do this!" Katara pleaded.

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it best if the airbender leaves."

"B-But... Ming? Don't you have anything to say? Please?"

"I'm sorry Katara, but your grandmother and Sokka is right. Aang has brought danger to our village. You knew better than going on that ship."

"Fine! Then I'm banished, too! Come on Aang, let's go." Katara screamed, dragging Aang with her.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sokka demanded.

"To find a waterbender. Aang is taking me to the North Pole."

"I am? Great!"

"Katara! Would you really choose him over your tribe? Your own family?" Sokka asked.

Katara stopped dead in her tracks, right between Appa and her tribe. She had to think for a moment. Would she really choose Aang over the people she's known and loved her whole life? How important was waterbending to her?

"Katara, I don't want to come between you and your family." Aang softly spoke

"So, you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?"

Aang tried his best to keep his composure for Katara. He couldn't risk letting this beautiful girl seeing him get upset.

"Thanks for penguin sledding with me." He spoke sweetly.

"Where will you go?"

"Guess I'll go back home and look for the airbenders. Wow, I haven't cleaned my room in a hundred years. Not looking forward to that."

Aang used his airbending to fly on Appa's head. He took one good look at everyone. He just wanted to remember their welcoming faces.

"It was nice meeting everyone."

"Let's see your bison fly now, air boy."

"Come on Appa, you can do it. Yip-yip!"

Aang flicks the reins, but Appa merely rises and growls.

Well, so much for a grand exit...

"Yeah, I thought so!"

Appa turns and walks away, disappearing over the hill , while Katara stayed frozen to the ground. She couldn't move. She felt empty and numb.

"Katara, you'll feel better after you..."

"You happy now? There goes my one chance at becoming a waterbender!"

She marched away furiously, leaving Kanna crushed. She hates it for her granddaughter. She knows how important waterbending is to her, but she had tp think of the villiage. Meanwhile, Sokka coaches the young boys to prepare for battle just outside the village.

"All right, ready our defenses! The Fire Nation could be on our shores any moment now!"

"But I gotta..."

"And no potty breaks!"

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Today is the day. This is the moment everything changes. After all the mistakes I made, I finally get to regain my honor.

Servants and guards are quick to help the Fire Prince get ready to ambush the Avatar's hiding spot. They tie Zuko up into the finest armor- all while Zuko doesn't utter a word or move a muscle. He can't let anything or anyone distract him.

Not even her.

But, it's so hard for the young prince no to think of her. Especially in times like this. She should be here, standing on his side.

But she's not. Zuko doesn't know where Bai is, or if she's even alive. But he does know one thing for certain.

I'm going to make it up to you one day, and finally explain to you why I did what I did.

"Prince Zuko! We're about to be at the village!"

Zuko shook away all the bad thoughts and negative thinking. This is his moment right now.

Let's go catch the Avatar.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

AN: HEY GUYS!!! i know it's been absolutely forever and i am so sorry. a lot of things have been going on in my head. but things are so much better. 🤍

chapters won't be this short, and i apologize that it is so short, but i will start posting my normal length again!

i hope you enjoy! if you do, try to vote/comment (:

love you all 🤍
- matcha_kisses