It's To Dark In Here....I Can't Hear You: Karen Smith x Female Reader

Requested by: MomOfTheYearSteve
Word Count: 4817
Warning: Language I guess...
Premise: You're a transfer student from Maine coming to North Shore High. Janis takes you under her wing to show you around. As the weeks go on, you get invited to a certain Halloween party where you meet a special girl.

Authors note: There's a little Cadgina (or whatever the ship name is) I didn't intend for there to be...but here we are. It's 2 am as I'm writing this and after DAYS of writing this...I hope people enjoy it!

Also... I'm sorry if it's bad. I got really worried about it taking so long and hurried up at the end. I hope it's still cute though! :(
——————————————————————

You gripped the straps of your backpack while sizing up the huge school building presented in front of you. God...it was huge. Definitely not what you have been used to. Living in Maine you had grown accustomed to the nature trails, tall trees and the beautiful silence at nights. Here...it was like a completely different world.

It's only been a few minutes since you had left the safety of your parents' car to walk to the front doors. In that time, you had been stared at, pushed, and one girl even growled at you.

"Hey, you must be (Y/N). The new student, right?" The sudden noise cut through your buzzing thoughts immediately. Turning to face the voice, you found a girl dressed in dark clothes, and ombré hair.

"Y-Yeah...that's me." You forced out gripping the straps of your bag a little tighter.

"Janis. Janis Sarkisian. I guess I'm showing you around." She held out a hand. You were embarrassed to admit it but judging by the amount of times you'd be treated rudely in the span of minutes...you were almost expecting Janis to pull a prank or trick on you. This is why your eyes hung on her hand for a few extra seconds before finally taking it.

"So, I'm probably supposed to say...'Welcome to North Shore High School' or some stupid crap like that but...I'm gonna be honest. This place...is a shit storm."

"Oh...t-thats...Why is that?"

Janis chuckled lowly, which didn't help lessen your fear.

"Where do I even start? Oh, over there—" she pointed to a group of jocks standing around in a circle, "—Varsity and JV jocks. Don't even think about saying hi to them."

"W-Why?"

"They'll throw you in a locker before you even get the chance"

•••••••••••••••••

"And here we are. The lunch room." Janis explained holding her arms open wide.

"Oh...it's so...so much bigger than my old school's cafeteria...."

"Yeah? I bet your old school didn't have as many dumbasses in it. Here...they're all in one place...it gets scary."

As Janis showed you to the table, you glanced around at the assortment of students. The Stoners, gangsta whites, sexually active band geeks, girls that don't eat vs the girls that eat their feelings. The debate team and dance team who were in a heated battle over...something. How a debate team and dance team would have ANYTHING even remotely in common to argue over didn't really make sense to you but...so far, nothing really seemed to here.

"Whose over there?" You asked pointed to a group of guys.

"Oh..the mathletes. Unless you're ready for a social suicide so early on in your time here. Don't talk to them. You'll be stuck doing college applications....and they really love Doctor Who...so—"