I'm a Spy, Remember?: Janis Sarkisian x Fem Reader

Requested by: Myriad_Nice
Word Count: 3500
Warning: None
Premise: The reader is the daughter of the sarcastic yet kind hearted calculus teacher Ms Norbury. She and Cady have become good friends due to being in the mathletes together. Cady introduces her new friend to Janis and Damian. Seeing how adorable YN is with Janis, Cady starts to devise a plan to bring the two together.
——————————————————————

"Hey, Cady!" Y/N shouts through the busy hallways as she hurries after her fellow mathlete. "You did great in there today! You, as always, had Mom right on her toes!" Y/N panted shooting a finger towards Ms Norbury's classroom where their calculus class had just concluded.

"Oh, thanks! You were doing awesome too! You're always giving me a run for my money."

Chuckling nervously, Y/N fidgeted with her hoodie string between her fingers. She had always struggled to make friends but it had gotten worse once she reached high school. Hardly anyone knew her name, everyone just called her all sorts of names that weren't actually her own. The nicest one was pretty standard, she was just "Ms Norbury's daughter". Even to most of the other teachers in the school. However, ever since Cady had joined the mathletes, Y/N felt she had an actual friend for once. Someone who actually knew her name.

"So...what are your plans this weekend? I...honestly don't wanna go spend it with my Dad so...I need plans!" Y/N chuckled glancing over to make sure her mother wasn't anywhere around to hear her plan.

Cady frowned ever so slightly. Cocking her head to the side in thought, she asked cautiously, "Wouldn't you rather go see your Dad this weekend? I'm sure he'd be disappointed if you ditched...again."

"Cady, my Dad's a self absorbed jerk. He probably doesn't even care either way if I come or not."

"How do you know? Maybe he's just not telling you something."

Y/N gripped her backpack strap as if that was going to help stop the onslaught of memories she was trying to avoid. "If he truly cared...even a little bit....he wouldn't run off every time I'm over there. I just sit in his house alone wishing really hard things could be different. Look, please, I really really don't wanna see him if I don't have to."

Cady sighed defeated, she hadn't known Y/N for very long but the few times she brings up her father...Y/N shuts right down. "Okay...well, I actually have plans with my friends Janis and Damian. I'd have to ask them but..I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you tagged along."

"That'd be amazing, Cady, thank you!"

—————————————————————-

Y/N had finally finished packing up her bag for the weekend. She had decided keeping her plans a secret until she left would be best. That way her mother wouldn't make her cancel. Suddenly, there was a ding from her phone indicating a new text message from Cady.

"I'll be by to pick you up around 6 tonight. Is that good?"

After responding with an "okay", Y/N lifted her bag to sling it over her shoulder. Heading downstairs, Y/N rumbled through the fridge for a snack to have before she left.

"Hey, what's with the bag? Your father isn't coming to get you until tomorrow." Ms Norbury questioned nearly startling Y/N to an early grave. The daughter didn't have to say anything, the look on her face said it all. "Y/N, you can't keep avoiding him."

"Why not? He avoids me. All I do is go there and sit around alone. He isn't home long enough to even have one conversation! If I'm such a waste of his time, then he'll be a waste of mine!"