Untitled Part 3

Oliver glanced around the corner of the building that he and Slade had been sent to survey. They were to take down three of the Thanatos Guild's best and so far it had not been an easy task. He motioned to Slade with hand signals as they noticed one of their targets dead ahead. The man was a guard for one of the Guild's warehouses' and since Oliver was closest, he signaled he would take him as Slade nodded and headed down the hall in search of their other two targets. Oliver quietly approached the man from behind and was about to put his blade to his neck when the man suddenly turned and attacked. Oliver's eyes were cold and emotionless as they fought, the meeting of their blades ringing through the halls. Oliver attacked with precision as he drove the man back toward the wall. Using his strength, he pushed the guy's blade above his head and brought his knee to the man's chest causing him to double over in pain. Oliver reached for his dagger that he hid in his sleeve, and soon the man was sliding to the floor, his eyes open in a dead man's stare. Oliver let him drop and then moved on to his next target. He was ready to get this assignment over with as soon as possible. He had not been able to get Akilah off of his mind.

Slade approached another of the targets they had been assigned and catching him by surprise was able to dispatch of him with practiced ease. But he did not relax for a second. Their last target would be their hardest he knew and as Oliver caught up with him he signaled him over.

"Have you gotten a glimpse of Aaqil?" he whispered.

Oliver shook his head no. "He has been hard to detect. Why don't we split up and meet back at base in an hour."

Slade nodded and then headed down the hall as Oliver turned and took a split to the left. He kept his gait light as he moved and his league gear blended well with the darkness of the building. He kept his blade out of sight, ensuring what little light there was did not glint off of the steel.

As he moved to the end of the hall, he heard a rustling ahead and he stepped out of sight, his eyes darting in the direction of the sound. He saw his target and his eyes narrowed. Aaqil had his back to him and Oliver noted two huge blades hanging from his back as well as a dagger at his side. Oliver gripped his knife tight in his hand and crept closer and taking aim, he threw the blade hitting the man in the neck from behind. He heard the man gasp for air and then fall to the floor and Oliver moved forward quickly and ensured he was dead before retrieving his blade. He wiped the blood on the man's clothing and then headed back to toward the exit.

He exhaled as he exited the building, glad the mission was complete. It had taken longer than expected and by the time they returned to the compound, they would have been gone for five days. Arriving at the League safe house, he was removing his weapons as Slade walked through the door.

"I got Aaqil", he said.

"Good." Slade let out a breath. "This mission took a lot longer than we anticipated."

"I want to leave first thing in the morning." Oliver said as he started to clean his blades.

"What is the hurry?" Slade asked, curious.

Oliver just gave him a look that said, none of your business and continued cleaning. Slade gave him a funny look. "It wouldn't have anything to do with a blonde assassin now would it?"

Oliver looked at him in surprise, how did he know about Felicity? Slade laughed at his expression. "I saw you talking to her in the garden that night."

Oliver ignored him. He didn't want to talk about her. He didn't know what was going on with them or what would happen. So for now he was staying silent.

Slade walked by and patted him on the shoulder. "Good luck with that one man." He chuckled as he walked into his room.

Oliver laid down his knife and blew out a breath. He hoped she had not changed her mind.