Chapter 18: The Start of their Journey

WHEN THE LAST person leave from the meeting room, Avria turned around to looked at Barcus. She motioned Barcus to come closer, and he obliged.

Barcus arched his right eyebrow on why he is still here. "What do you want to say say?" He asked in a deep baritone voice.

Avria looked straightly at Barcus with serious face. "I know your secret ass." She started then leaned her back to the chair, feet up on the table.

Barcus smirked. "I know, I let Mrs. Soya told you about it, eventhough you know it already."

Now, that got her attention.

"I know it already?" She mumbled. More like to herself.

Barcus nodded. "Yeah. Uhm, way before you didn't had an accident."

Isa pa iyan. Talaga bang naaksidente siya o baka may nagplano na patayan siya?

She put her feet below. "Can you tell me about the accident?" She asked.

Barcus grinned. "Asked Dion, Avria. He's the one who knows what really happened to you. We arrived late from the accident site to lend out a hand."

"Dion..." she murmured. "But Dion wouldn't told me about it. Barcus, I know you have idea about what really happened to me, kaya sabihin mo na."

Barcus sighed. "I told you Mostyn, I didn't have a single idea about what happened to you. Si Dion lang..."

Avria ran her hand to her face frustratedly. "But that dimwit wouldn't tell me!"

"Because he cares for you..." Barcus mumbled.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right." Then she snorted.

Barcus chuckled. "One thing I can told you is that, be kind to your team. Mas may alam sila kesa sa amin na hindi kabilang sa grupo niya. You know Av, sila ang pinagkakatiwalaan mo ng todo kaya sila lang talaga ang may alam."

Avria grunted. "But they won't tell me Barcus!"

"Because they care for you idiot."

Agad niya itong sinamaan ng tingin, humalakhak lang ang huli.

She let out a rough breath. Ano ba yan! Bakit ba kasi ayaw nilang sabihin sa kanya kung ano ang totoong nangyari? Did she really got to an accident? Or what?

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, to calm herself.

"Alam mo Avria. Ikaw, at ikaw lang ang mas may alam sa mundo natin. Alam ko, at alam din ng ibang leader ng ibang unit, pati na din ang kasamahan mo sa kung ano talaga ang mundo natin."

Kumunot ang noo niya. "Why the hell would they know it? E, nagulat nga sila noong sinabi ni Mrs. Vysktyn iyong tungkol sa totoong historya ng Incantarya. Tapos alam nila? Are you kidding me Barcus?" She snapped.

Barcus shook his head. "Sadly, but I'm not Av. Subukan mo silang tanungin pagkatapos at pagkabalik natin galing sa pagkuha sa aking Ina." He tsked to the last word.

Avria frowned. How helpless she is! Ano ba talaga ang mayroon siya kaya ganito?

She took a deep breath. "Okay, so ano? Care to share what will we planned on going to Evergreen Mountain?" She asked boredly.

Barcus chuckled at her tone. "You give up on asking about yourself?" He asked in disbelief.

She scowled. "You won't even answer me the truth, ass." Then she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Now go on tell me what's the plan."

Barcus let out a short laugh before answering her the details.

After the Barcus told her about his plan, they both leave the meeting room. Barcus headed straightly outside while she remain inside the house finding Dion. Hindi siya mapakali pagkatapos ng pag-uusap nila. Argh! Her head is freaking aching because of what she found out.