Chapter 34: Granny Grandy

MAGANDA AT MAILAW. Iyan ang dalawang salita na maiilarawan sa Hidden Homes. At ngayon lang nakapunta sila Marvin at iba pa.

Makaluma at sa dulong - dulo niyo ay may isang toreng may dragon sa tuktok. Iba't - ibang stalls o shops din ang makikita sa gilid. May ilaw ang kanilang karatulang may iba't - ibang hugis na may nakasulat sa kung ano ang tinitinda nila.

"A lot has change." Jazzy stated.

"Yeah, I think so." Barcus agreed.

Heppig and Marvin as the hyper of the team runaway and started to see some shops. Vicky and Samantha also couldn't resist but to entered a book shop.

"Shall we go around first before going to your home, Avi?" Jazzy asked Avria.

Avria sighed. "Guess so, pumasok na sila e." Sabi niya.

Jazzy chuckled then walk away and entered an item shop.

"Teka Jazzy!" Ani Leon at humabol kay Jazzy.

"Then we'll go too." Shaina said then John tagged along and they went inside a restaurant.

Avria nodded. She turned her head to Barcus and Hugo. She arched her eyebrow.

"Eh kayo?" She asked them.

"Hmm... sundan ko lang si Heppig." Sabi ni Barcus pagkatapos tumingin kay Hugo. "Ikaw Hugo? Sama ka?"

Hugo shook his head. "Nah, ikaw nalang. Upo lang ako doon." He answered.

Barcus shrugged. "Okay." He drawls the followed Heppig into a sweet shop.

Hugo went to the sideway and sat down into a stone made bench. Avria sighed and followed Hugo and sat down too.

A long silence engulfed between them. Avria is thinking is she'll talk first or shall she wait till Hugo decided to talk. Hugo heaved a sigh loudly.

"Fea and Ginger is my gangmate. I trusted them and we build an unexpected camaraderie. Those two were like my sisters, but I was wrong. They betrayed us. The Elite Unit. Me, and specially them... my teammates." Hugo said.

Avria listened first before saying anything else. Hugo needs to let it out. Avria understand Hugo's feeling. That feeling when the closest person you've  never expected to betrayed you was the one who really did. Dion did it too. To them... specially her.

That burden in her chest that wanting to let out and sometimes there's a lump in her throat and tried so hard not to burst it out. That feeling when you felt useless and at the same time worthless.

She knows it. She knows it all.

"I treated them with so much kind, but I receive cruelness. They're a traitor. They turned their back to us. Fea... she was joyous and Ginger... she was kind." His hand formed into fist and clenched it, putting all his frustration into that ball of fist. "But it was all a facade. When I saw Fea, she's gloomy and not even a trace of joyous Fea I'd seen at her. And Ginger... when I met her when we were retreating... I saw her. She's smiling and staring at me... coldly."

"Sometimes I asked myself if I did my really best to those times we've been together. If I influenced them to be good. If I did really catched their hearts?" 

"Hugo... you did your best as thier leader. Maybe you didn't influenced them to be good but maybe, somehow you catched their hearts. Matagal din kayong magkakasama, you've been friends since I don't know and that's enough to tell that the friendship you build is solid. It is strong... they may be our enemies, but in your heart. They always place a special hold in your heart that atleast, kayong lahat ay may nabuong memorya na masaya kayo. So, huwag kang magsabi na hindi ka nakagawa ng tama. You did great, Hugo. You did your best." Avria adviced.