Chapter 17

Six minutes and forty six seconds of OOF. (I have something on my phone that tells me how long things take to read.)

Good luck reading ☺

~

"Mm..." Daichi turned around and smiled. Sugawara was curled up behind him, resting right up against his back. It was almost as if he was spooning Daichi. Which was just about the cutest thing he did a lot. Besides nose scrunches and teasing.

Daichi eased to a sitting up position slowly and made sure Sugawara wasn't bothered. He walked in the dim light of his room, taking the key for the bathroom out of his nightstand. He made sure to stay quiet closing the door behind him when he stepped out and used the restroom. Sugawara was still wrapped in his heated comforter, nearly buried in stuffed toys.

Daichi had always made sure Sugawara was covered and warm so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. So much for not pampering him. That was one thing Daichi couldn't let go of. He was always gentle and a sense of warmth for anyone around him. Especially Sugawara.

"Dai?" Sugawara opened his eyes and saw the door open. Mixed with the tiredness in his eyes and the darkness, confusion arose. "Is that you?"

"Yes sweetheart. Lay back down." Daichi whispered. He set the bathroom key on his nightstand and sat down on the side of his bed. Sugawara reached out a hand and yawned. "Hey Suga."

"Mm. Why'd you get up?"

"I just needed to use the bathroom. That's all. Sorry for waking you up."

"It's fine." Sugawara opened his arms. "Come on. It's warm under here."

"Pfft." Daichi leaned down and wrapped his arms around Sugawara's waist. Sugawara relaxed, enveloped in warmth. "You feel okay?"

"Mm..."

"Alright." Daichi rubbed Suga's back gently. Eventually they both fell back asleep, warm and comfortable again.

****

"Breathe." Suga whispered. He coughed and sighed again. There was a bit of pain in his throat as he coughed, a hand on his chest. He'd just ate. He didn't need to do this to himself. He couldn't. It was going to hurt.

Daichi wasn't there to comfort him. Asahi couldn't be there because of his mother having him stay home and help her with chores. Daichi's parents were both downstairs in their room too. Why wouldn't they be? It was the middle of the damn night.

Sugawara laughed quietly. Why had he even tried to eat in the middle of the night?

Slowly, he stood up and stretched. His body felt cold as he let go of his heated blanket. He could just lay back down and let something settle in his stomach. He could have something to eat every once in a while.

He walked out of his room and turned down the hall. When he tried to open the bathroom door the handle stuck and he froze. That's right. They'd locked the doors.

Sugawara walked into Daichi's room silently and paused. Was he awake too?

"Dai. Are you awake?" Daichi stayed quiet and Sugawara sighed in relief. At least he didn't have to open the drawer and risk getting the key noisily. He slipped the key off of the nightstand silently before pressing a kiss to Daichi's temple. "Sleep well..."

He walked into the hallway again. As he closed Daichi's door, he made sure to keep the handle turned so it wouldn't make noise. He unlocked the bathroom door and opened it slowly. When he stepped inside and turned on the light, he sighed.

Well so much for letting food settle.

He'd just lie about eating.

Lies. Lies were the only things Sugawara uttered now.

Are you happy?

"Yes."

You hungry?

"No."

Are you in pain?

"No."

Do you want to get better?

"Yes."

Are you addicted?

"No."

And here he was, in front of the toilet again. He knew he'd be found if he was too loud. So he'd stuffed towels under the crack of the locked bathroom door.

For a moment he calmed down from the first flow of vomit that had emitted from him. His breathing was heavy, like usual. His throat hurt. Nothing too bad. And his head. Oh god his head was pounding.

His whole body had succumbed to his addiction. Sugawara leaned over the toilet and shoved his fingers down his throat again. This time it immediately triggered his gag reflex and more vomit dirtied the water. Sugawara whimpered softly and shrunk away from the toilet bowl.

He still had more to empty.

He needed to be empty.

"One more time." He whispered. Sugawara leaned over and shoved his fingers down his throat again.

This time it hurt when the reflex engaged. Before anything ended up in the toilet bowl Sugawara collapsed, blood pouring from his mouth onto the white tiles beneath him. He wheezed, throat feeling like someone was quite literally tearing it open from the inside.

He coughed, more of the copper tasting liquid flowing from his mouth. A shaky hand reached up and he grabbed the cabinet handle in front of him. He opened it and slammed it back shut as hard as his lessening strength allowed. Again and again he did it. Until his hand dropped and he fell unconscious for possibly the last time.