Chapter 27

Daichi glanced at Sugawara, seeing that he was now frozen. "Suga." Sugawara didn't respond, he just got up and ran upstairs.

Sugawara managed to open the bathroom door upstairs and locked himself inside, feeling sick to his stomach. Why was HE here?

The image of those menacing dark orbs flashed in his mind and he collapsed, clutching his stomach. He wasn't hurting or anything but he was so scared. Terrified even.

Gin seemed like a kind boy but Sugawara knew him. He knew how he thought. And now he was here, with his mother.

A soft knock at the door brought him back to reality and he opened it. His blood ran cold as those dark orbs met his. "Hey piggy."

Sugawara inhaled deeply before smiling. "Hello Gin."

"Your boyfriend is worried about you."

"Oh." Sugawara laughed. "I'll be down in just a moment. Tell him he doesn't needed to be worried. I'm okay."

"Alright."  Gin glanced at Sugawara as he walked downstairs.

The younger male sighed. He took a moment to regain himself and took a moment in the mirror. He was okay. No one here would hurt him except for Gin. And he knew that Gin wouldn't dare say something degrading in front of anyone else.

Sugawara headed downstairs and sat by Daichi, curling up against him. Daichi pulled him closer and kissed his hair. "You okay now?"

"Yeah. Just startled."

"Ah… okay." Daichi glanced around.

Shinju laughed, already conversing with Sugawara's mother. His mother suddenly turned to Gin and she smiled. "Why don't you get your cousin some water? Kouchi looks like he needs it."

"Mm." Gin nodded. Shinju handed him a glass and Gin went to fill the cup. The adults talked, laughing. The three other high school boys shared glances, all knowing what was wrong in a sense.

Gin set the cup down after a moment and Sugawara started to drink. "Thank you."

Gin shrugged and walked away. Sugawara kept drinking, watching the others over the edge of the cup.

He was a bit uneasy but everyone else seemed happy. He needed to wait it out for a bit. Asahi ignored the adults, watching both of his friends closely.

"Suga." Asahi said quickly.

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

Asahi took the cup from Sugawara and peered into the glass. "What's in here?"

Gin looked over, brows furrowing. "I didn't notice anything in the water or glass."

"Oh. It is kinda cloudy though." Daichi pointed out.

Sugawara looked closely before shrugging. "Probably flour."

"Flour?" Asahi questioned.

"Yeah. Daichi and I kinda had an issue with the flour."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Sugawara laughed. "He got a little mad at me and got flour all over his hands. It must have ended up in the cup."

"Okay." Asahi relaxed.

Sugawara downed the rest despite the possibilty of having flour in his system now. It wouldn't kill him.

Gin and his mother finally left and Asahi revealed that he was able to stay the night. All three students went into the den and curled up on the couch, a movie on. Daichi had Sugawara laying next to him and Asahi had scooted closer to them, the moving scaring him.

He clung to Sugawara's shirt from behind him, nervous.

Suga noticed and got up to turn around. Most of his body rested against Daichi's waist and chest while an arm was out. He watched Asahi's nervous expression for a moment. He patted his head gently. "Hey, it's just a movie."

"It's a little scary."

"We can change it. It's okay."

"No you guys are enjoying it. I'm okay."

Sugawara frowned and kept patting the other boy's hair. It was strangely soft. But it was comforting for Asahi too so it was fine.

Asahi fell asleep soon after the small conversation and then Suga. Daichi smiled at how peaceful both of them were. Honestly he had such great people in his life.

****

Yet again Sugawara wanted to go to the park, eager to see if his soon to be teammates were there. Daichi and Asahi joined him, watching how he'd yawn as they got ready to go.

Then somethibg strange happened.

Sugawara was sitting at the dining table, his feet swinging and brushing against the tile. He rubbed his nose, complaining it was runny after a few minutes. Asahi had turned to give him a tissue but yelped when he saw Sugawara's hand covered in blood, the liquid dripping down the boy's chin.

"What's wrong?"

"Y-your nose…"

"Hm?" Sugawara looked down at his hand and his eyes widened. "Oh crap! Crap I need a tissue!"

Asahi handed it to him and grabbed more. Sugawara held the tissues to his nose, breathing through his mouth. Asahi panicked, not knowing what to do. He didn't like blood. It was upsetting. Hence why he'd kind of froze up when Daichi had told him Suga had thrown up blood two months ago.

"Bleh…"

Daichi walked in and sighed. "What happened?"

"His nose randomly started bleeding." Asahi answered.

"Alright. Hang on." Daichi went into a bathroom and grabbed a wash cloth. He wet it and replaced the tissues with it. "There we go. Does it hurt?"

"Uh uh."

"Good." Daichi held it, sighing. "Soon enough my nose will bleed too."

"Huh?"

"You hit Asahi in the nose and it bled. Now you're bleeding. So I'm next."

"Daichi, no offense, but that's disgusting." Asahi mumbled.

"Eh. Yeah I know." Daichi checked Suga's nose. "Okay. You're good."

Sugawara coughed and waited for a moment as Daichi wiped his face and hands gently. "Thank you."

"Mhmm."

Sugawara stood and sighed. "Alright. Let's go."

"Pfft." Daichi grabbed Sugawara's hand. "See what I have to deal with?"

Asahi smiled. "You two are so nice to each other."

"Oh believe me we're not." Sugawara said quickly. "Daichi knees me in the back all the time and rolls on top of me when we sleep."

"You hog all the blankets."

"You wear complete pajamas!"

"Flannel pants and a t-shirt aren't always very warm."

"Neither are boxers and t-shirts."

"You sleep in your boxers?" Asahi questioned.

"Yeah." Sugawara shrugged. "It's more comfortable. I like the feeling of his flannel."

"That sounds weird." Daichi mumbled.

His father walked in. "Not really. If you're in contact with your partner while asleep it's easier to sleep."

"Oh. That's why it's easier to sleep when you cuddle me." Sugawara said, looking at Daichi.

Daichi blushed and Asahi laughed. These two were so sweet.

Those of you who read colors by me must have noticed that I have a "publishing pattern". So yeah.

You have to wait until I publish the next chapter for that figure out what happened. 😉